What are the key benefits of this Degree Apprenticeship?
- Full-time permanent role from day one along with a competitive starting salary
- 5 year structured programme of technical development whilst gaining personal development skills to carry you throughout your career
- Study part-time for your degree through Harper Adams University -whilst being able to put your new skills into practice in your day to day role
- You will be released 4 weeks per year on ablock residential to study at Harper Adams University, near Telford, Shropshire on a programe acredited by IAgrE
- Did we mention it's 100% free? We're sponsoring the costs of your degree -You will get the best of both worlds - with all the benefits of hands on practical job with an industry leading company, and opportunity to study and earn a degree
Purpose of the Role
As a Food Engineering Degree Apprentice, you will work to gain an in-depth knowledge and applied understanding of Food Engineering, whilst developing the practical skills needed to develop a successful career within the food manufacturing industry. In the first year, you will undergo technical training to operate as Continuous Improvement or Reliability Engineers. This will include the development of practical hard skills, root cause analysis, trend analysis and maintenance techniques.
Your key responsibilities as a Food Engineering Degree Apprentice will be:
- To support the Engineering Team with a fresh and innovative way of thinking to ensure that our advanced automated technology is working productively and efficiently
- Work to solve operational problems and have an impact on operational performance within a FMCG environment
- Use the skills you are gaining within your off the job learning to help you excel within your day to day role
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
What we are looking for:
- Be an excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Have high analytical capability with the ability to think logically
- Have the ability to think logically and to work both independently and as part of a team
What we are looking for:
As a Food Engineering Degree Apprentice, we are looking for a driven and ambitious person to join our team. To be successful you will:
- Be enthusiastic and well-disciplined as our degree apprenticeship is heavily focused on attitude and behaviour
- Exhibit initiative and be passionate for innovation and technology
To be eligible, you need:
- 7 GCSE's A-C including maths and English (9-4/A*-C)
Plus one of the following:
- 96 UCAS points at A Level including maths and a STEM subject
- Food & Drink Maintenance Engineer Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3
- D*DD (minimum 12 units at D & an appropriate Level 3 maths Unit at Distinction) -BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
- D*DD (minimum 12 units at D & an appropriate Level 3 maths Unit at Distinction) -City & Guilds Level 3 Extended diploma
This programme is designed for those with A-levels or equivalent, but no degree. Applicants that do not have the below qualifications may still meet the entry requirements based on their work experience and will be reviewed on a case by case basis.Future prospects
As a valued member of our team you will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognised and rewarded.
Successful Degree Apprentices will graduate from Harper Adams University (voted as the UK's top rated modern university for five years running) with a BEng (Hons) Food Engineering degree, and have the skills and experience for a rewarding career in the food sector.
You can also look forward to benefits that amongst other things include the following:
Things to consider
- £19,000 starting salary with all university fees paid for
- Generous pension scheme
- Lifestyle benefits such as exclusive perks and discounted shopping vouchers, wellbeing support and discounted gym membership
If you're ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today!
The Company is committed to being an equal opportunities employer.