Weare looking for an Assistant Consultant with fantastic IT skills to join our advisory team. You will support all our investment models and tools as well as build and develop new ones. This requires excellent communication skills, Visual Basic skills, a passion about investments together with drive and enthusiasm.
We want someone who can create robust, sometimes complex models and tools that can be easily understood and used by a wide team of people. We also want someone who is unafraid to express a view and can express their view clearly, thereby contributing to the investment ideas we rely on to achieve our aims.
We want to help you reach your potential and be the best that you can be. By joining XPS you will be involved in a wide variety of work. You'll be supported by on-the-job training, resulting in you developing your knowledge and abilities quickly.
In addition, we will support you through an apprenticeship scheme to start you on a path of becoming an Investment Consultant (I.T). We know that it's a real challenge completing professional qualifications whilst progressing in a new job, so we'll help you every step of the way - we'll equip you with study materials and time to study.
We will of course pay you an attractive salary alongside a broad range of other benefits which you can shape to reflect your circumstances.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To promote and adhere to the XPS workplace values
- Assist with the development of and support for all the tools and models within the practice, including but not limited to:
Contributing to idea generation and debate around what tools and models we want and need
Creating and testing new tools as required
Supporting and updating existing tools
Workflow and Project management, taking responsibility for completion of your work, working directly with senior members of the investment team and IT
Developing a good understanding of relevant technical issues and the coding that is required to implement improved solutions to our client teams, ensuring work is reviewed and ensuring completion of tools documentation and user instructions
Developing internal standard processes and models, identifying new ways for the team to work more efficiently
Development of solutions for individual clients or groups of clients as new ideas and propositions are developed
Communicating with and training teams on new and existing tools
Regular liaising with other departments in XPS to ensure our models and tools are joined up, efficient and maximise the benefit to clients and XPS as a whole
Working as part of a team, but with a strong ability to take personal responsibility for progressing project.
We offer an attractive reward package, typical benefits can include:
- Competitive salary
- Participation in Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Pension Plan
- Flexible Benefits Scheme to support you in and out of work, helping you look after you and your family covering Security & Protection, Health & Wellbeing, Lifestyle
- Life Assurance cover
- XPS Rewards (offers discounts and savings from retailers and services providers as well as offers available via phone)
- Interest free season ticket loan
XPS Pensions Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages application from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Right to work in the UK
- Able to demonstrate XPS values
- A keen interest in IT and investments
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to learn
- An understanding of the value of good customer service
- Highly motivated and driven to succeed
- Enjoy thinking independently and able to make decisions
- Analytical mind-set, with a high level of numeracy
- Outstanding accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication skills to explain technical matters simply
- Strong computer skills, particularly Visual Basic within Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of linking applications to databases and ensuring the efficient performance of tools and models
- Desire and ability to build great relationships with colleagues
- Adaptable and a team-player
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise effectively
- A minimum of a 2:1 honours degree in any discipline
- An A grade (or higher) at A-Level (or equivalent qualification) in mathematics
- GCSEs in Mathematics and English
You will have regular catch-ups with your manager to discuss your objectives, performance and any additional support you may need. We also appreciate that our employees may wish to develop their careers in different ways so we provide a variety of different learning opportunities which fall into four broad categories:
Programmes leading to a professional or academic qualification
We encourage and support individuals who wish to study for relevant professional and academic qualifications and to pursue continuous professional development. This includes Actuarial, Pensions Administration and Investment study opportunities amongst others.
Programmes relating to the enhancement of skills
These include internal and external development providing technical training, for example on the use of software packages and specialist training relating to the skills that employees require for their job.
Personal development training
This can sometimes be referred to as soft skills training and refers to things like giving and receiving feedback; motivational skills; time management etc.
Promotions are an important part of recognising progression in XPS including changes in personal contribution and responsibilities.Things to consider
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s). BPP have a dedicated team who support students with disabilities, learning difficulties, health conditions and wellbeing. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any queries or would like more information.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.