Working with a combined manufacturing and R&D department the role will involve:
- Assembling IT & AV products from component parts and bills of materials to meet customer orders
- Initial setup and configuring post-manufacture
- Improving and refining existing products
- Contributing to the development of new products and ideas
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- You will have an interest in electronics, IT and/or product development and have good practical skills (e.g. confident using hand tools, basic power tools etc)
- You may already be an electronics enthusiast, hobbiest 'maker' or have an interest in audio visual, home automation and similar technologies.
We are looking for candidates with:
- GCSE (or equivalent) mathematics and English language at grade C or grade 4, or above - plus one of the following
- 112 UCAS points including at least 64 points from two A levels or equivalent BTEC National qualifications, including mathematics or a mathematics-based subject to at least AS level
- BBC at A Level including mathematics or a mathematics-based subject plus at least one other from physics, physical science, engineering science, computer science, technology, chemistry or other science or technology subject
- DMM in BTEC Extended Diploma in a science or technology-based subject (including passes in mathematics and two other science or technology-based modules)
- A combination of qualifications which must include mathematics or a mathematics-based subject and may include AS levels, EPQ and general studies GCSE
- We may also consider applicants with relevant work experience
The employer is ready to invest in training to develop the skills of the successful candidate. It is a long-term career opportunity.Things to consider
Equality, diversity and inclusion are essential to our academic and business strengths.We believe that excellence comes through recognising the value of each individual.
Sheffield Hallam University welcomes applications from all candidates irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.