Ever wanted to do something that changes lives? Want to gain a qualification whilst earning?
Every single interaction with a child or young person provides an opportunity to positively impact their entire future. Something that may seem small today can help someone develop into a better person later in life. We are looking for people who understand the importance of inspiring the next generation.
On average, SCL interacts with over 1,600 children each day and this specific role offers you the chance to engage with children at one of our breakfast and After School Clubs, the parts of their day when the right level of care and support is pivotal to their school achievement and future success.
We are a social bunch with some great benefits and rewards for the right people, those that align to our core values. SCL employees are passionate about making a difference, inspirational when engaging with children, excellent at what they do and reliable in every situation.
Please note for this vacancy you will have to be able to travel to all the following school locations;Heatherside Junior school, Reading Road South, Fleet GU52 7TH & Talavera, Gun Hill, Aldershot GU11 1RG
Does this sound like you? Then we would love to hear from you!
Please note this vacancy is based inWindlesham but you will be required to travel to different sites within the area.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Assist the planning, preparation and delivery of high-quality football, PE and sport provision to children and young people in education and community settings
- All candidates must be comfortable with delivering a variety of different sports and developing into a PE Specialist
- Prepare session plans
- Be responsible for handling and setting up various sports equipment
- Facilitatesafe coaching sessions and display an awareness of safeguarding
- The role will include administrative responsibilities
During your apprenticeship you will be supported by a Regional Manager and Apprentice Assessor.
You will be assigned a region as the vacancy is field based you will be expected to travel between sites and also attend training on a weekly basis.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Be able to relate and engage with children aged between 4 - 11 years
- Interested and experienced in coaching a variety of sports
- Experience in volunteering with young people in a variety of settings and environments
- To be able to communicate effectively
- To be punctual and act in a professional manner
- To be IT competent (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Be able to drive, would be desirable but not essential
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Sense of humour
- Maths and English GCSE or equivalent
- Level 1 - Level 3 Sports qualification
Things to consider
- Full-time or part-time position upon successful completion of the apprenticeship qualification
Opportunity to learn from qualified coaches that will require travelling to different SCL sites.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates