AtBMS World A missionwe recruit high calibre people with the skills, knowledge, and commitment to meet the demands of a diverse international charity working in over 30 countries worldwide. We are looking for a graduate trainee accountant for our small, fast-paced Finance team. We will provide a structured training program covering all aspects of accounting within the team, developed in parallel with your study schedule, as well as providing opportunities to increase your skill set and knowledge of the not-for-profit sector in the UK and internationally.
We provide financial support to the organization both in our UK office and to partners and personnel based globally.
What will my role involve?
As part of our Finance team, you will gain experience in all areas of work including the processing of financial transactions, working with budget holders on budget preparation and interpretation of monthly management reports, assisting in the preparation of monthly management accounts and the year-end financial statements, supporting overseas partners in strengthening their financial capacity, reviewing internal controls across the organisation. In addition, you will gain in-depth experience of the systems used across the organisation. You will work with other departments on a daily basis and also on collaborative projects, gaining invaluable experience and building your confidence with senior members of staff. You will be working with a diverse range of cultures and become adaptable to understanding different ways of doing things.
Alongside your work, you will receive first-class professional training as you study for the Associate Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) qualification, which will enable you to gain a full understanding of the technical aspects of accountancy.
What will my responsibilitiesbe?
- Working as part of a team to undertake a wide variety of accounting tasks
- Developing an understanding of our global partners and their work.
- Developing an understanding of and skills in working cross-culturally
- Becoming familiar with our accounting software and systems
- Resolving queries of an accounting nature
- Prioritising tasks
- Opportunity to take on extracurricular activities within the organisation e.g. climate stewardship, gender and diversity, staff council, prayer champion
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrate strong numerical and analytical skills
- Be self-motivated and able to prioritise and handle various projects in a highly challenging environment
- Be able to work flexibly in multi-disciplinary teams
- Have the highest level of integrity and standard of excellence
- Be creative, adaptable, take initiative and be comfortable with risk
- Be self-aware, be comfortable with vulnerability and remain resilient
- Be committed and motivated to studying towards the Associate Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) qualification within the Level 7 apprenticeship scheme
- Be faithful and have a professional approach to the task
- Take confidentiality seriously and appropriately
- Work relationally and collaboratively
- Be in full support of the vision and mission of BMS
- Be comfortable working in an organisation whose approach to bringing justice and compassion is inspired by Jesus
- Bachelors Degree at 2:2 or above
- 2 A Levels (or equivalent) grade A-C
- GCSE English Language and Maths (or equivalent) at a minimum of grade 5
Things to consider
- Progression within this team is fast, with responsibility from an early stage. By the second year, you will be taking on a more senior position alongside being part of a dynamic support team that provides cover for each other. As your experience grows, you will have opportunities to lead projects within the team and undertake ad hoc assignments and projects that other departments request our help with
- A starting salary in the range of £19,560-£20,405 with annual cost of living increases and incremental increases on successful progression through the ACCA qualification
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 30 days plus bank holidays, rising to 33 days plus bank holidays based on length of service
- Generous pension scheme with up to 9% employer contributions if you contribute up to 5%
- Generous sick pay entitlement and support
- Enhanced Maternity Leave of 18 weeks at a full salary based on length of service
- Enhanced Paternity Leave of up to three weeks at a full salary based on length of service
Additionally, we also offer:
- Flexible working
- Travel loans (season ticket)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care package
- Counselling service
- Death in service benefit
- Various learning and development support
- Onsite Parking