An opening within an exciting, growing business. This position offers the opportunity to quickly grow into a fully-fledged sales role with a high level of autonomy (external meetings B2B, with support initially) and a long-term career for the right candidate. As a small business each department work together which is why we are able to maintain the retention rate the business enjoys with its customers. We work together to drive growth and believe passionately that we do what we do better than the vast majority of our industry.
It's in our interest that you succeed, you will be given as every opportunity to develop your skill set, encouraged and mentored by the Sales Director to whom you will report.
This role will develop as your knowledge and skills do; thus a driving license would be an advantage enabling you to visit companies and your existing customers.
- Using your time at work to apply your skills as you train
- Accompanying other staff members for B2B meetings, new and existing customers
- Making outbound calls, contacting local companies
- Cleansing your data as you go, information gathering over the phone
- Understanding the company requirements, logging existing contract and personnel data
- Logging data within CRM allowing you to build a sales funnel of warm leads
- Learning from your peers about objective handling
- Understanding your products and services!
- Allocating time to understand the wider industry, trends within it, and why software is more important today than it ever was for companies aspiring to a 'paper light' environment
- Allocating time to understand the functions, features, and benefits of hardware and software and what these mean to companies that will become your customers
- Use of market intelligence to build database prospects based on scenario specifics i.e. a new company to the area for example
- Looking for improvements where possible in current processes
- Real-world and practical experience
We will provide you with valuable first-hand experience, knowledge, skills, and qualifications to drive your career forward.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Confidence of your own ability to succeed
- Commercially savvy with an interest in business
- Ability to articulate yourself effectively
- Appreciate the importance of communication, with customers & peers/ different departments
- Ability to think laterally (outside the box)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- The ability to prioritise your workload
- Competent listening and questioning skills
- A genuine desire to be successful
- The capacity to work well within a team
- Someone who also likes to have fun
- The ability to step back and see the high-level impacts as well as the detail
- Attention to detail
- Logical thinking under pressure
- Willing to put in the effort required to generate business
- Driven to succeed and able to demonstrate this
A minimum of five GCSEs at grade A*-C/9-4 including maths and English Language/Literature (or the equivalent).Future prospects
The enthusiastic individual will join a growing team, gaining skills that enable them to become a senior member of the team, managing individuals within their team with a prosperous career ahead of them in Sales/Account Management.Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates