The dedicated Band 3 Healthcare Assistant Apprentice will work as part of the CVD Prevention and Rehabilitation Team and Outpatient Team at Surbiton Health Centre.
- Providing high quality evidence-based care to patients in clinics, classes or their own home
- Under the direction and supervision of a registered healthcare professional (HCP)
- You will be working as part of a specialist team providing high level of care to our service users
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Healthcare Assistant to join our team at Surbiton Health Centre. You will provide CVD Prevention and Rehabilitation services in the clinic, class and community settings. You will also support in general running of the Outpatient Services and work in partnership with integrated health and social care teams and GP Practises. As a community service the post holder needs to be able to travel between different sites therefore a full driving licence and use of a vehicle for work purposes is essential for this post. Reimbursement for the vehicle use is based on nationally agreed scales.
We will provide training as necessary and you will also have an opportunity to become a full-time member of staff and to grow in your role. Personal qualities
- Being sensitive and empathetic - nurturing skills
- A positive attitude to work
- Pride in their work
- Able to handle challenging situations
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- A good level of written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of IT software to include Word and Excel
- A self-starter who is keen to learn
- The ability to work as part of a team in a professional environment
Applicants need to hold Level 2 Adult Care Worker Qualification or equivalent.
4 x GCSE A*-D/9-3 including maths and English or equivalent or relevant work experience and required initial assessment results.Future prospects
Upon completion the apprentice will be encouraged to further progress their career within the organisation.Things to consider
Candidates are required to have an enhanced DBS and provide the result prior to starting.
Ideally need to be 18+ with a driving licence and a car (this is preferred but not essential).