We are currently looking to recruit Technician Apprentices to join our London Structures team in September 2021.
Apprenticeships are a fantastic opportunity to earn while you learn and are ideal for students who would like to balance study at university on a day release basis with hands-on work within the business. With university tuition fees covered and a competitive salary and benefits, this is a fantastic opportunity to start an exciting engineering career at a leading engineering and environmental consultancy with international reach.
As part of our award-winning Apprentice Programme, you will develop your skills and knowledge whilst working on high-profile structural engineering design projects for a diverse client base, gaining valuable work experience at the same time as earning a competitive salary. This hands-on experience is complemented by one day per week at London South Bank University where you will be studying for an HNC in Civil Engineering.
The following link will give you further details via the Level 4 Construction Site (Civil) Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard:
Construction site engineering technician / Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Experience of any relevant design software or willingness to learn
- Knowledge / keen interest in engineering principles
- Strong team player but also able to work well on own initiative
- Proactive and willing to contribute and develop ideas
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Enthusiastic and goal-orientated
- A Level EEEor;
- BTEC National Diploma MPPor;
- Access to HE qualifications with 45 Passesor;
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 48 UCAS points
- Level 3 qualifications must include maths and Physical Science
- Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including maths and English or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above)
Support candidates to become Chartered Engineers with the Institution of Civil or Structural Engineers. Further education to be provided on completion.Things to consider
All interviews are currently being carried out online to ensure the continued safety and welfare of our staff. During the current and ongoing pandemic, our employees continue to work from home, where they are able to do so; and our offices remain open and covid secure for circumstances where remote working is not feasible, and this is reviewed on a case by case basis.