We're looking for an enthusiastic individual to join Co-op as a public relations (PR) apprentice. Here at Co-op, we're involved in everything from food to funeralcare. We serve millions of customers and members across the UK.If you have the skills and motivation we're after, then you could be part of it.
You'll join us in a full time, permanent role and will be earning while you learn, working towards your apprenticeship qualification in the first 18 months. You'll get going quickly, contributing to the team from day one with the support and mentorship of your senior colleagues. You'll balance your work and your studies, working towards your apprentice qualification.
What you'll do:
- Split your time between on-the-job learning and professional studies
- Work closely with a range of colleagues across the wider PR team to develop your knowledge and networks
- Once you're settled into your role, gain more and more responsibility; taking on your own tasks and projects as you build confidence and capability
- Write engaging press releases
- Proactively find exciting stories and news opportunities
- Deal with a range of media enquiries
- Work collaboratively with journalists around product placement
Building an inclusive work environment
We're actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you'll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A high level of attention to detail
- A good understanding of / an interest in social media and new channels
- The ability to engage confidently with a range of colleagues and external partners at all levels
- A positive approach and willingness to learn
- GCSEs, or equivalents,in maths and English at grade C or above / level 4 or above
Things to consider
- The potential career path of a successful applicant will form part of discussions during theapprenticeship - future employment opportunities within Coop may be available on completion
Here you'll do work that matters. We're a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you'll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You'll also get a package that includes:
- Competitive salary
- Coaching, training and support to help you develop
- Pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- Annual incentive scheme
- 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
- Discounts on Co-op products and services