The Two Level 6 Manufacturing Engineering apprentices will work within our core engineering team or within our quality assurance team, both roles will be very much hands on within our core business activities.
Some of the key tasks covered that will be covered:
- Cad Design
- Lean Manufacturing Techniques
- Concern Resolution
- New Part Development
- Defined Projects
- Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Design Reviews
- Manufacturing Testing Requirements
- Product Building / Testing
- Warranty Analysis
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- An aptitude for electrical or electronics as well as interest in manufacturing
- Someone who like to make things, repair things and get involved
- Be able to work well within a team
- Self-starter and want to achieve
5 GCSEs (or equivalent) including maths and English and a science, technology or engineering related subject at grade 4/C and either :-
- 88 UCAS points including at least 2 A Levels with one either beingMaths, Physics or Engineering.
- 90credits or more from a Level 3 Engineering BTEC
- Completion of Level3 EngineeringStandard Apprenticeship
Both will have an opportunity to become a junior engineer on successful completion of his or hers apprenticeship which includes a formal degree in BEng (Hons) Manufacturing Engineering qualification.Things to consider
Working environment office / manufacturing area.
The 3 year degree programme is delivered Collaboratory between both MidKent College and Canterbury Christchurch University. With deliverybeing shared, the first 18 months of the degree are studied at MidKent College, Maidstone Campus. The second 18 months of the degree are studied at Canterbury Christchurch University from their Canterbury Campus.