What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Learning on the job under supervision, with the ability to develop confidence to work independently
- Contributing to Planning and Review Meetings
- Supporting the administration of projects and general duties
- Liasing with the client at various stages of the development
- Using computer design software and completing drawings once trained
- Assisting with surveying properties
- Working with a team of various trades
- Build portfolio of case studies to encourage referrals
- Maintain client feedback
As part of the Apprenticeship you will undertake 20% off job training this will involve travelling to London or an alternative destination on a weekly basis (COVID depending). Easily accessible by train and travel costs provided. The Design and Build Apprenticeship Standard is at level 4 which is a Higher Apprenticeship which is equivalent to a Foundation DegreeWhat is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential opportunity to progress to a Degree Apprenticeship following successful completion of the level 4.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness, Resilience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade Grade 4 or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4 or equivalent) Essential
NVQ or SVQ Level 3 or equivalent Any (Grade Pass) Essential Things to consider
Travel to the training centre is a big commitment but will be beneficial to your development. We are a very busy company so it is important that you are able to work on your own initiative and be ready for a challenge in return we will support you with your development and on job training to help you progress. We are a friendly team!