What will you be doing?
You will predominately be site based supporting the function of a Site Engineer to establish line and level control of constructed works and support compliance with specification and achievement of required quality of construction.
The role will also involve integration with the in-house Geomatics team ensuring procedures of surveying, measurement and control measures are followed together with extensive use of surveying equipment and associated digital software/processing.
The role requires the use of your own car and will be based around a number of sites (due to the nature of the role).
You will assist the Site Engineer with setting out and other site duties, and role development aligned within the Geomatics team as required whilst ensuring that all relevant Company Group & Sector Specific Procedures and Policies are met, in accordance with the Integrated Business Management System.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities will include:
- Set up survey equipment as directed by the Engineer
- Maintain survey equipment as directed by the Engineer
- Maintain accurate records and diary
- Carry out basic setting out duties (upon receipt of training)
- Initiates permits and generally implements safe systems (upon receipt of familiarisation/training)
- Communicate and liaise with subcontract staff and operatives in accordance with overall duties
- Familiarisation with BGCL Business Manual. Implementing Quality Assurance Records
- Proactively raise technical queries to the Engineer
- Assist with the preparation a Contract Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Plan at the start of the contract
- Promote All Ways Safely culture on the project with staff and supply chain
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of Buckingham Group Ltd in respect of the CDM Regulations
- Fully commits to the training programme and works as an ambassador for the Future Skills programme whenever possible
Geospatial role enhancement:
- Under supervision produce and analyse 2d drawings for a variety of applications and divisions, Using Autodesk AutoCAD
- Under supervision produce 2d drawings of topographical, check, progress, and as-built surveys
- Support the production of earthworks drawings for live contract projects across all divisions of BGC - Progress Check
- Support and understand the electronic storage, naming and distribution of all files generated within the geospatial department
- Assisting with the maintenance and management of departmental schedules / certificates / records for BGC owned surveying equipment
- Is reliable and adaptable, promoting a flexible work ethic, it is essential to be able to work with multiple parallel projects and tasks
- Basic use of Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D, LSS and all Microsoft office applications
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Problem-solving skills
- IT skills
- Communication skills
- Strong team player but also able to work well on own initiative
- Positive attitude, motivated, enthusiastic & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Knowledge and keen interest in site engineering
- A Level EEE (or equivalent)
- BTEC National Diploma (or equivalent)
- Access to HE qualifications with 45 passes(or equivalent)
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 48 UCAS points, which must includeLevel 3 maths and Physical Science(or equivalent)
- Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English
This apprenticeship programme is very much the start of an exciting career in the industry with wide ranging prospects which may span a number of roles.
Buckingham Group will Support candidates to become Chartered Engineers with ICE. Further education to be provided on completion.Things to consider
Work will be based across a number of sites and will require extensive daily travel. Majority of work will be outdoors working from a temporary site office.
The role will be physically demanding and requires lifting and carrying of survey equipment around site. Full personal protective equipment will need to be worn whilst working on site.