Advanced Coated Products, Gloucestershire – Laboratory Technician (Level 3)
Brief overview of the role
Advanced Coated Products Limited (ACPL) is the UK’s leading independent supplier of specialised coated films. Our market and product know-how is gained from over 75 years of experience in coating film, resulting in providing innovative release liners to the UK, Europe and worldwide. Release liners are the invisible enablers behind the manufacture of a wide range of products across a myriad of markets and industries: for ACP, our main sectors are in the medical, industrial and pressure-sensitive tapes fields.
The role is responsible for the day-to-day QC testing of coated and printed films, Incoming Materials Inspections as appropriate, to conduct Quality Assurance duties, and to assist the Technical Manager where required in the pursuit of a high-performing department. Further, to manage the documentation across the technical and quality spectrum: for example Advance CPurchase’s accreditations (such as the ISO9000 manual), technical/lab certifications, equipment calibration schedules, and supplier quality and certifications. Subject to appropriate training given, to provide absence cover for other staff-level roles.
- Laboratory QC testing
- Preparing customer Certificates of Analysis
- Maintain QA files and samples current and archived
- Raise internal Failure reports
- Control of reject materials and Quarantine store
- Internal Audits
- Support the implementation of ISO 9001 procedures and Health & Safety Instructions
- Raise substandard raw material reports
- Monitor the coating and finishing processes where potential quality issues are reported
- Assist the Technical Manager with the investigation of customer complaints and the control of production documents
- To actively support and encourage an environment of high-quality
- Other duties as required as befits a small organization where multi-skilling and teamwork is critical
- The drive and ability to work independently, to follow procedures but also make recommendations on their simplification/ better fit-for-purpose
- Exemplary attention to detail
- The ability to communicate confidently with co-workers, and with customers and suppliers on a regular basis including during site visits
- Excellent written skills
- Strong numerical literacy
- IT skills; primarily knowledge of email and Microsoft Office
- Time- and task-management organisational skills
- Problem solving – adapting to a rapidly changing environment and reacting quickly to meet challenges
- Desire to learn and progress
- Strong communicator
- Integrity and honesty
- A can-do attitude
- Desired academic qualifications – GSCEs Maths and English
- Driving licence requirements – well connected by buses. 5 mins walk from Cheltenham Spa Station.
- The prospect of a full-time position after successful completion of the apprenticeship.
- Registration on RSciTech.
Things to consider
The candidate will need to have hand mobility.
Please note, candidates living within a 1 hour commute radius of the vacancy location will be prioritised