Apprentice Administrator Assistant
Brief overview of the role
Starting as a business administration assistant apprentice you'll be educated in all corporate policy and procedure including data entry and administrative duties such as scanning, spread sheets and filing. You will also be educated within our digital construction software 'Procore'. This role would be ideal for a recent school or college leaver who is interested in learning business administration.
Applications for apprenticeship.
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a modern construction company that wants to establish an in-house staff progression programme in Business Administration.
Starting as a business administration assistant apprentice you will be educated in all corporate policy and procedure including data entry, laminating and scanning, spread sheets and filing. The Administration assistant will be assisting the project managers with coordination duties such as Site Boxes, Ensuring First aid Kits and signage are complaint, Laminating, Resident Letters and Liaison and digital filing. In addition to this they will also assist the Office Administration team with answering telephone queries and other administrative tasks as required.
- Data entry of information received from project managers following site and maintenance visits along with digital filing.
- Procore Construction Software Support
- Procurement & Ordering Assistance when required
- Scanning of documents and contracts
- Completion of spreadsheets
- Answering of telephones
- Basic Project Support and Assistance for Project Managers and Site Agents
- Compiling Site Boxes, Signage, First Aid Kits
- Writing Resident Letters and Assisting with Liaison
- Other administrative tasks as required.
- The ability to process data efficiently whilst remaining accurate
- A willingness to learn new skills
- A good telephone manner
- Good communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Qualifications Required
- Someone who has common sense and is switched on is important.
- Someone who is friendly, reliable, hard-working and confident
- English GCSE
- Maths GCSE
- IT GCSE
- Move on to an Advanced Apprenticeship
- There is a long-term opportunity to progress to a full-time position within the office
Things to consider
- Habens is a busy, face-paced office and good motivation is essential
Situated in Portsmouth, DM Habens Ltd is a leading construction company specialising in social the public and commercial sector, including social housing. DM Habens covers a range of projects across the South of England.
Having 35 years of experience working with County councils, Local Authorities, the NHS as well as various commercial businesses, we ensure we provide a professional and high-quality service, on time working closely with our clients and the design team.
Founded in 1984 under the name of DM Habens and becoming a private limited company in 1998. In 2006, Brian Way & Liam Way became directors and developed the company into the thriving & productive business it is today.
DM Habens is committed to a comprehensive policy of equal opportunities in employment in which individuals are selected and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities without regard to race, religion or belief, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation and are given equal opportunities within the company. The aim of this policy is to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on grounds not relevant to good employment practice. A complete copy of DM Habens (The Builder) Ltd equal opportunities policy is available on request.
Training provided: -
From this advanced apprenticeship you will gain the following qualifications:
- NVQ Level 3 Certificate in Business and Administration
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills English and Maths (if required)