Are you looking to build your experience in Quality Assurance or within manufacturing in the pharmaceutical industry? This could be your next role. A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Quality Assurance Coordinator to join the Lifeplan team on a full time, permanent basis.
Manufactured at our head office in Lutterworth UK, Lifeplan Products holds Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) accreditation by the MHRA which is applied to all products and Licensed Traditional Herbal Remedies (THRs). We also export to over 25 countries around the world.
What the Role Looks Like
Due to continued growth Lifeplan are now looking to recruit a Quality Assurance Coordinator. This is a great opportunity for a science Graduate or recent college leaver looking to get into the industry or someone looking to move into Quality Assurance. Experience is not essential as full training will be given.
The Quality Assurance Coordinator will be working as part of a team responsible for ensuring that the correct quality and production processes and procedures are in place and adhered to. This is a busy team coming through a period of transition and there is lots to be done so a “can-do” outlook is key for the successful candidate.
You will be highly driven and committed to your career development, with the ambition to become part of the business as part of the Quality team.
The role will include:
- Assessment of all products in accordance with specifications
- Involved in administration of the QMS systems
- Maintaining databases / Excel spreadsheets
- Writing reports
- Producing data for meetings
- Helping in answering and investigating complaints
- Updating and writing documentation
- Interaction with all departments within the Company
- Supporting internal auditing
In more detail, as Quality coordinator:
- you will review batch manufacturing records, prepare certificates of analysis and release food supplements to the market. You will take part in investigating deviations and non-conformances using risk based principles and root-cause analysis techniques to implement solutions as part of our CAPA system.
- You will be given key projects to work on where you will be able to review and implement updates to SOPs to ensure compliance with new legislation and as part of our continuous improvement program. You will manage the change control system, Equipment calibration schedule and be part of the internal auditing team. As part of the quality team you will be given opportunities to grow your current skills and experience to enable your personal career progression within Lifeplan.
What We Need from You:
GSCE or equivalent in Maths and English
Graduate level qualification or equivalent in a science based subject
Good Word skills
Ideally very strong Excel skills
Strong team working skills
Ability to solve problems and provide innovative solutions
High level of Accuracy and Diligence
Good organisational ability
Ability to learn quickly in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Confident, personable with a willing to learn attitude.
Beneficial but not essential:
- Experience in Quality Assurance and/or Quality Control in a pharmaceutical or food manufacturing environment
- Experience in batch manufacturing records, root-cause analysis, deviations/non-conformances, CAPAs or change controls
- Experience working in a tabletting or encapsulating environment
- Experience working to GMP, GLP, GDP, BRC, ISO: 9001 standards or any other Quality Assurance accreditation would be advantageous but not essential
- Full training provided
- Working with a knowledgeable, developing team
- A ideal opportunity to be involved in a busy, exciting and important Quality team.
- Growing industry
- Easy commute from A426, A5, M1 (Leicester, Rugby, Coventry and many others)
- Great pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday allowance that increases with length of service
- Close to public transport links