Why apply for this role (benefits):
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time and term time).
- Season ticket loan/Discount on train travel.
- Lunch and refreshments provided.
- Annual flu immunisation.
- Contributory pension scheme – matching up to 6%.
- Private health and dental plan subscriptions after 2 years’ service (pro rata for part time and term time).
- A staff discount on School Fees (excluding Nursery) of 25% after 2 years’ service (pro rata for part time and term time) should staff have a child at any school within the Foundation.
We have an amazing opportunity working for our client in the Cambridge area who are looking to recruit an early years apprentice to join the team. This is a great opportunity that offers amazing progression opportunities and ongoing training throughout. Founded in 1881, the trust has expanded and offers many benefits.
This position is due to start in September 2021.
About the role:
- To support, cooperate and work effectively with colleagues and positively promote developments in policies and procedures.
- To assist as necessary in other Foundation areas at peak times and undertake any other aspects of work within the Nursery according to need.
- Work at all times towards the aims and goals of the Foundation and any individual objectives and targets you may have agreed.
- Develop an understanding of the stages of young children’s learning and development and the benefits of maximising time spent learning outdoors.
- Contribute to planning and evaluation of high quality provision and stimulating activities which meet individual needs and next steps.
- Help children develop effective learning characteristics to give them the tools they need for lifelong learning - confidence, resilience, self-motivation, enthusiasm, independence and curiosity about the world.
- Establish positive and effective relationships with staff, parents/carers.
- Monday to Friday
- 37.5 hours per week
- Portray a high level of professionalism at all times.
- An active listener and a good communicator with adults and children.
- Work well within a team environment and enjoy a fast pace to the working day and varied range of tasks.
- Flexible and willing to help with various activities
- To show a willing, positive and proactive attitude
This is an Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship which you will be on for a duration of 14 months. If you do not have Maths or English grade C/4 or above then you will need to take assessments to ascertain your suitability to the programme.