TSYS, a Global Payments company, is a global leader in payment solutions and innovative technology in approximately 80 countries worldwide. With nearly 200 clients, and more than 638 million traditional accounts on file, TSYS succeeds by putting people and their needs at the heart of every decision to help them unlock payment possibilities.
Main role overview:
Do you have a keen interest in IT and technology?
Are you a great team player, who takes initiative whilst engaging and influencing others?
Are you looking to kick-start your career in the IT industry with a market-leading international company?
We are currently looking for an Infrastructure Technician (Level 3) Apprentice to join our busy and exciting team based in Knaresborough. You will join us on an 18-month fixed term contract, and in return we are offering a competitive salary plus excellent benefits package, along with full support throughout your learning. There also may be the potential to apply for permanent positions should opportunities arise during, or at the end of the apprenticeship.
- You will primarily be working with the infrastructure as a Service team with multi skilled engineers, with the main goal of achieving 100% availability for the services we provide to our clients, this will involve being involved in multiple maintenance activities, taking on new services, technology upgrades and supporting client requests.
- You will be focussing on the business as usual aspect of the operation, learning about technologies, best practice/standards and acquiring skills and proficiency, whilst providing additional human capacity to the IaaS team, details below.
- In liaison with other engineers work on effective IaaS related projects, in accordance with design and standard build/best practice.
Understand what daily, weekly and monthly maintenance actions must be performed to ensure that the highest degree of service ability is achieved.
This will involve many activities some of which are listed below:
- Change Processes
- Security Patching
- All system Outage processes
- Backup Processes
- VMWare management
- Acceptance into Service processes
- Disaster Recovery processes
- Storage related processes
- Physical Datacenter processes
- Hardware Maintenance
This will also include a need to understand how products and services are built in a multi-tier environment and how those services are consumed by clients. How the components are related and where the dependencies exist.
This knowledge is paramount when involved in troubleshooting activities either during planned change events or unplanned outages.
- Work in partnership with team members and management within the team, join in meetings with team members from multiple teams made up of many disciplines.
- Ensures all activities are executed in accordance with TSYS policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in your own development plan under the supervision of your line manager and the training provider.
- Constructively take part in meetings, supervision, and other events designed to improve and assist with your own development.
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong customer service ethic
- Able to maintain a professional and friendly manner
- A pro-active and enthusiastic team player, capable of working on own initiative
- Ability and tenacity for effective problem solving
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to diagnose common problems quickly providing immediate solutions
- Ability to work well under pressure
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
Benefits of joining us:
- 26 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Comprehensive medical insurance, including discounts for gym membership, spa breaks, travel insurance, days out and more
- Earn Vitality points and qualify for free cinema tickets, Starbucks, and more
- Group Personal Pension
- On-site canteen
- Free use of on-site gym
- Social events held throughout the year
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.