At Saint-Gobain International Timber you will be working towards a Business Administration Level 3 standard over the course of 15 months.
Saint-Gobain UK&I has a wide range of apprenticeship sponsored programmes. These programmes are designed to help you develop practical skills and knowledge, through a combination of relevant on-the job training, classroom based learning and/or eLearning. Successful candidates will start on the level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship and go on to choose from a wide range of pathways with progression to Stock Controller, Supervisor or Branch Administrator.
The level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship will enhance and strengthen existing skills to help you to build key understanding around your interpersonal skills, communication and effective decision making. You will develop knowledge of business fundamentals, regulations and organisational processes and procedures as well as being able to manage your own performance, agility in the workplace and representing cultural professionalism from our own Saint-Gobain Attitudes and how to adopt these across your area of work.
Key Results Areas
- Provide support to the Operations, Sales, Shipping, Manufacturing and Finance activities, e.g. Purchasing of consumable items, Site maintenance issues, transfer of enquiries to relevant person; compiling and issuing weekly KPI and control reports; Checking of POD / delivery notes and liaising with sales/credit control to minimize impact of disputes thereby enabling lower debtor days.
- Maintain up to date and accurate records, in relation to Training, Periodic checks, Maintenance, Health & Safety, Tool Box.
- Ensure that business controls and procedures are met in line with company policy.
- Maintain effective information storage systems.
- Receive and direct incoming calls /enquiries.
- Maintain accurate completion of necessary administration.
- Maintain appropriate communication with staff and colleagues.
- Ensure safe working practices whilst conforming to company and legislative Health & Safety Standards & Responsibilities.
- Make regular checks to identify risks to Health & Safety and report as necessary.
- Act on or escalate details and information related to poor performance standards, and areas for business improvements and controls.
- Provide prompt and accurate reports of all incidents (Including near misses).
- Communicate all company policy & procedural requirements to visitors and new starters via the induction procedure.
- Participate in team environment to achieve objectives.
- Provide support in all other tasks as may be requested as part of the daily business needs.
- Maintain credit control procedures.
- Contribute to improvement process.
- Assist with the company stock takes when required.