Placemaker Manager (Sales Manager) Apprentice
At Places for People you will be working towards a Customer Service Level 3 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months.
What do I have to do?
- Working in collaboration with all departments, create an environment that is friendly, welcoming and supportive of a customer's choice on how, when and where they are active.
- Ensure that outstanding levels of customer service are always delivered. Be passionate about and promote the mission; be an advocate for the benefits of activity, and the products and services that form our offering both on site and on-line.
- Develop and motivate your high-performing team to deliver the outcomes described in the Placemaker job description.
- Achieve locally determined targets for customer service, membership acquisition, product sales and secondary spend.
- Follow the latest policies and procedures to manage membership acquisition, and swimming and sports course enrolments.
- Manage all activity in accordance with the data management policies and procedures.
- Deliver the outcomes described in the Placemaker job description when fulfilling the role.
- Promote and raise the profile and commercial profitability of the catering & retail operations within the centre.
What am I responsible for?
- Ensuring the team responds to all product enquiries from a) Prospects and b) current members, using systems and techniques documented within the Places Leisure membership management and sports and swimming manuals.
- Motivating your team to create opportunities by being proactive and productive.
- Delivering agreed team KPI's around completed calls, lead generation, booked appointments, outreach, in-reach and product sales.
- Developing outstanding product knowledge across the full spectrum of our proposition.
- Ensuring the team complete all membership and product sales with integrity and in line with the systems documented within the Places Leisure membership management and sport and swimming manual.
- Executing the marketing activity as prescribed, to maximise product sales and ensuring colleagues are briefed in advance and fully engaged.
- Completing competitor analysis and performance analysis to support informed decisions that will improve commercial performance
- Foster a positive working environment by fully engaging with colleagues and working collaboratively.
- Understanding your teams training and development needs and providing them with the support they require to be successful in their role.
- Identifying challenges and opportunities and developing and delivering solutions to overcome or exploit them, with the support of the wider team.
- Ensuring all cash handling procedures and transactions are completed in line with company policy
- To identify and develop a resource to co-ordinate retail and vending to maximise sales and profitability. This will include, but not limited to, stock orders, stock takes, sales audits and delivering promotional activity.
- Ensure the maintenance of daily documentation to meet legislative obligations e.g. Food Safety, Environmental Health, Trading Standards, Allergens, Licensed Activities.
- To manage the Placemaking team on items such as, but not limited to:
o Rota management
o Training and development
o HR matters
- Performing the Placemaker role as required.
- To assist with any general clerical duties as requested.
- Ensure that correct uniform is always worn
- To attend meetings and provide input into ways of improving and developing the service.
- To feedback any areas of concern to your manager and/or management team.
- Respond positively to any feedback provided by your manager or colleagues that will enable you to develop your skills and aptitude to fulfil your role objectives.
- To identify opportunities and work with your manager to develop your potential.
- Ensuring that you work to the company SPIRIT values at all times -
o Support - always there to help customers and colleagues;
o Positive - a 'can do' attitude encouraging others to achieve;
o Integrity - always delivering on promises; being open and honest;
o Respect - treating people fairly and with understanding;
o Innovative - open to new ideas; not afraid of failure;
o Together - believing more can be achieved by working well with others.
1. Develop a high performing team through ongoing training, coach