Oil Plus Ltd, Newbury – Laboratory Technician Apprentice (Level 3)
You’ll join Oil Plus Ltd as an apprentice Laboratory Technician for a fixed period of 21 months.
Oil Plus Ltd specialises in providing solutions for Produced Water Treatment, Injection and Production Chemistry issues. We are completely independent from all chemical and water process equipment vendors.
In your role you’ll be involved with the operation of the Oil Plus Laboratory, including conducting laboratory analysis and reporting of results, and preparation, calibration and maintenance of field equipment. Responsible for maintaining records to ensure quality assurance and quality control, and collecting, analysing, and interpreting lab results together with general housekeeping and stock control. You’ll have the support of a mentor, a colleague whose job it is to keep an eye on your training and development in the role.
You’ll also devote about 20% of your time to working towards a Level 3 Laboratory Technician. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro, who will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your apprenticeship.
- Assisting in preparation of Risk Assessments for laboratory areas. Ensuring adherence to safe working practices in the laboratory and workshop.
- Ensuring laboratory, workshop and on-site equipment (on departure from Oil Plus) is suitably serviced, safe to operate and correctly calibrated (or dispatched with appropriate calibration materials where on-site calibration is essential). Packing and unpacking/cleaning of site equipment, helping with documentation for shipment of hazardous/dangerous goods under IATA regulations. Helping to ensure laboratory analysis is correctly conducted, at the necessary time, and that results are recorded, checked and passed on to appropriate personnel (usually to in-house Oil Plus staff). Ensuring the laboratory is kept sufficiently tidy to properly represent Oil Plus to visitors, who may be presented at short or no notice. Helping with preparation of laboratory waste documentation and disposal of same, according to applicable standards.
- Ensuring all aspects of laboratory operation are adhered to and following Oil Plus requirements for ISO 9000 accreditation and associated internal and third-party audits. Help prepare documentation for equipment dispatch Assisting in the organisation of the maintenance of facilities [weekly fire tests etc]. Preparation of reagents; Maintaining stock of consumables and chemicals by order preparation for subsequent approvals;
- Produced Water Analysis, core-flooding; Calibration of pressure gauges and other items of measurement;
Who we’re looking for:
Oil Plus is looking for someone proactive who has shown they can work effectively on their own initiative. A capable communicator, you enjoy networking with a variety of people from other technical disciplines
- High level of PC-literacy and familiar with Microsoft Office applications Ability to work in a team environment Good communicator at all levels
- Punctual Reliable Desire to learn and progress Strong communicator
- Approachable Integrity and honesty Be versatile and proactive approach to work
- Desired academic qualifications – Ordinary degree (or equivalent) in a related science subject, or experience in an oil and gas industry role preferred, candidates with Relevant A-Levels or BTEC will also be considered
Things to consider:
Benefits offered by Oil Plus Ltd are:
- Holidays – 28 days including all public holidays.
- Group Life Assurance Group Income Protection Employment Related Accidents Benefits Employee Assistance Programme (Health & Well-being) Pension Plan – on successful completion of 3 months’ probation.
- Private Healthcare – on successful completion of 3 months’ probation.