Territory Technical Sales Representative (EMEIAA) - Science Graduate
BetaTec® is an application arm of the BarthHaas Group, the oldest and largest hop company in the world. Drawing on over 200 years of hop experience, BetaTec® focuses on applying hop compounds to new applications that extend beyond the traditional brewing base. Speed, flexibility, and technical competence has made BetaTec® Hop Products the world leader in the 'beyond brewing' applications of hop products.
We offer global customers' application development, technical support, and consulting services. The goal is to ensure our customer's product, and production efficiency is the best it can be. BetaTec® offers customised solutions in a wide spectrum of industries and applications. We are constantly discovering new uses for these naturally derived hop compounds.
About the Role
You will be part of a small, but specialised team with a core focus on EMEIAA sales in the industrial arm of our business, focusing primarily on the sugar and yeast sectors initially. Your main responsibility will be to drive and develop the sales into a broad portfolio of customers and markets. You will be working directly with the Business Manager in developing new customers and maintaining existing business.
The role will involve about 20-30% international travel. You will be required to present and sell advantages of our natural hop products around the world. You will work closely with our marketing and logistics teams globally, as well as the other sales managers within the team and company. Tasks associated with this position include, but may not be limited to:
- Collaborate with Business Area managers to assist in the sales of BetaTec products in the defined markets, both directly to customers and via the network of distributors.
- Support the BetaTec Sales Administration Team to ensure all customers receive exemplary management of their accounts.
- Ensure BetaTec CRM (Salesforce) is utilised fully to actively manage the customers, contacts and opportunities for business growth.
- Initiate and consult at customer trials with customers alongside the BetaTec technical teams. You will assist in the successful implementation of the new customer requirements by utilising excellent project management skills and Company IT packages.
- Work directly with customers and our distributor network to ensure complete knowledge of current BetaTec products and their utilisation.
- Attend relevant tradeshows, technical sales meetings and internal Innovation Summits to present the current category business situation.
- Support additional BetaTec categories as assigned by Sales and Business Development Manager, such as flavours and new upcoming areas.
Skills & Experience required:
- Previous sales experience in technical sales or food related sales essential
- Microbiology background preferred- sugar or yeast
- Experience in food microbiology sales a strong advantage
- Proven ability in B2B value-based sales
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Demonstrable interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to self-manage particularly travel and diary.
- Ability to travel approximately 30% of your time
Company benefits include:
- 25 days holiday
- Excellent contributory pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Subsidised private medical cover.
- Perkbox discount scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Competitive salary
If you are motivated by the above position, have the relevant skills and experience and are ready for an interesting, full time, permanent job with great job satisfaction then submit your CV.
Applicants with the following experience and job titles including; Territory Sales Manager, Regional Sales Executive, Field Sales Representative, Inside Sales Executive, Inside Sales Representative, Sales Executive, Telesales Executive, Business Development Manager, Account Manager, Scientific Sales, Technical Sales, Food Safety Sales may also be considered.