Service Desk Apprentice
PAM Group is a highly experienced occupational health and wellbeing services provider of Occupational Health, Rehabilitation, Wellbeing and Absence Management services in the UK; currently supporting more than 700,000 employees across more than 1,000 clients.
The job holder will play a key role in ensuring that all service requests and incidents are handled professionally. They will represent IT to both internal staff and key 3rd party suppliers.
- Manage incident, problem, service request and change volumes for Service Desk requests
- Providing 1stline support
- Drive through resolutions and escalate to 3rdparty suppliers when necessary.
- Drive through resolutions to requests
- Ensuring high system availability and customer satisfaction
- Create and maintain knowledge base articles to share workarounds and document solutions for known issues. Document standard changes or standard operating procedures.
- Manage resolution according to agreed SLAs and KPIs.
- Working to ITIL aligned processes
- Make suggestions to Service Desk Team Leader on improvements that could be made to the Service Desk team to improve the level of service offered.
Required skills and qualities:
- Interest in a service desk/technical support role
- The ability to work towards deadlines.
- A precise and detail orientated approach
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Creative and innovative thought processes
- A team player mentality with enthusiasm for building professional relationships.
- A proactive attitude focused on building the confidence to challenge and input into business process improvements.
- The willingness to learn.
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.