Childcare Apprenticeship – NVQ Level 2
Are you looking to take the next step in your career into Childcare? If so we want learners just like you to join us!
At Swift, we are passionate about supporting and training the next generation of Childcare Specialists and love to see our learners enjoying their journey with us and achieving their goals.
Swift currently have several vacancies within the West Midlands, in particular the Sutton Coldfield / Wylde Green area. This is because of our strong relationships with employers, making us the ideal choice when choosing a training provider to start your journey into childcare.
The main responsibilities of this job role will include:
· Supporting the development of the childcare provision
· Providing an excellent range of activities that ensures that the child learns whilst having fun
· Assisting the facility in meeting OFSTED requirements
· Providing challenging and stimulating activities for all children appropriately
· Undertaking First Aid training as required
· Undertaking training as appropriate to meet any changes in standards or appropriate legal requirements as required
· Ensuring that all Health and Hygiene requirements are always adhered to
· Responsibility for equal opportunity in delivery, access and attitude in aspects of service delivery and management
· Supporting children’s learning and development, including supporting planning and observations
· Preparing and maintaining the environment and resources for the children
· Preparation of food for breakfast, snack and afternoon tea
· Supporting children’s self-help needs
· Being creative and enthusiastic
· Following safeguarding rules
· Strong inter-personal and communication skills
· Creative, imaginative and willing to get stuck in
· Patience and a caring nature
Successful applicants will:
· Have grade C/4 or above in English and maths GCSE (or equivalent), or Functional Skills Level 2
· Be able to attend our training Academy in Birmingham for your 26 classroom-based days
During the Intermediate Apprenticeship in childcare you will have access to excellent training and development opportunities within the role, with the potential to progress on the Advanced Diploma, Level 3 Apprenticeship Early Years Educator.
Things to consider:
You will need to attend our Training Academy in Birmingham City Centre for 26 days out of your whole apprenticeship, for your classroom-based learning and will be working within the nursery for the rest of the time with the support of your dedicated childcare assessor. Your apprenticeship will last for 13 months.
Apply for Childcare Apprenticeship – NVQ Level 2
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly