4 days left
- Help to preparedesignsandspecifications todeliver schemes within the infrastructure asset management and capital programme as well as within the annual traffic management programme in support of network management with scheme valuesthatrangefrom £1000 to £500,000
- Providing administration assistance across a range of projects, including assisting with designsfor parking traffic managementand development of traffic regulation orders, liaising with contractors,assisting with asset inspections,supporting the inspection andmonitoringof existing water environment asset, andassisting in the delivery of flood alleviation schemes.
- Assist in designingschemesfor trafficmanagement, the capital programme, flood alleviation schemes, andsmall scaleasset management schemes
- Assist in developing anddeliveringthe asset inspection and maintenance programme,for the inspection and monitoring of existing water environment assets
- Assist in designingand preparingschemes to support delivery of the asset maintenance programme for all infrastructure assets
- Support the preparation oftenders for engineering and construction short contracts, and tenders as part of larger council defined highway and civil engineering framework contracts
- Under guidance, investigate queries raised byresidents, membersandofficers,andidentify solutions
- Keepweekly and monthlydiaryofactivities to ensurepersonal training objectivesare met
- Undertake regular research ofhighway, traffic and civil engineering and associated legislationto support response to enquiries raised to the team
- To provide high levels of customer service for our residents, staff, managers and external partners, so that they are made to feel warm, welcome, wanted and cared for.
- Topromote the HART values at all timesby being helpful, approachable, responsive and taking ownership of challenges and problems to ensure they are dealt with appropriately.
- Where a post involves working with members of the public, the post holder has a responsibility to be vigilant in identifying potential safeguarding issues and conduct themselves in a manner that protects both themselves and members of the public.
- As part of your development trainingprogrammeyou willalsospendtimewith the Hartland Village BerkeleySt EdwardsProject team gaining an appreciation of the day-to-day roles with the onsite Commercial, Technical & Build teams. This placement will give an overview of the Hartland Village long term plans &associated initiatives.https://www.berkeleygroup.co.uk/developments/hampshire/fleet/hartland-village
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to analyse and interpret data. Ability to produce graphs, charts and reports
- Ability to communicate and to present information clearly and concisely both verbal and written. Ability to multitask.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Ability to make customers feel warm, wanted, welcome and cared for
- Ability to take ownership of tasks, challenges and problems to achieve an appropriate outcome
- Self-motivatedwith a willingness to learn
- Keen and enthusiastic
- Ability to work as part of a team and/or alone as required
- Able to use initiative within guidelines
- Commitment toyour ownprofessional and personal development
- Ability to manage own time
- Commitment to delivering the best possible services for residents, and internal and external customers
- A Level EEEor;
- BTEC National Diploma MPPor;
- Access to HE qualifications with 45 Passesor;
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 48 UCAS points
- Level 3 qualifications must include Maths and Physical Science
- Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths and English or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above).
Full driving licence and access to a car for work purposes.
Possible career routes include civil engineering technician, construction site technician, assistant site engineer.