The Digital Marketing Assistant (Apprentice) will support the Head of Marketing in the development and delivery of the College's digital marketing strategy and campaigns. This is a great role for someone looking to start or develop their career in Digital Marketing. You will have exposure to a variety of different digital platforms and tools and on the job training which will teach you the different facets of digital marketing. There will also be opportunities for you to gain additional certifications in Google Analytics and Adwords.
The Digital Marketing Assistant (Apprentice) is a key role within the marketing department, the primary purpose of this role is to support the team whilst also working towards strategic digital goals to increase applications for the College's educational programmes (including summer schools, undergraduate, apprenticeship degree, postgraduate, short courses) and engagement with, its target audiences (such as prospective undergraduate, degree apprenticeship, and postgraduate students; employer partners, parents, current students and alumni).
The marketing team is a small but ambitious and supportive team looking for someone who is actively passionate about digital marketing who wants to further their skills. We are looking for someone who takes initiative and can find innovative solutions to problems. Elements of this role are data heavy, so you must be comfortable interpreting large sets of data and numbers. You must also be up to date on the latest technology and social media platforms and trends as being able to understand our target audience is key.
The role will be based in our new campus at St Katharine Docks and is ideal for anyone looking to start their career in a digital world.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and develop PPC campaigns designed to promote the College's growing portfolio of educational programmes
- Manage and develop paid social media campaigns to drive specified conversion activities among defined target audiences adapting tone and style to ensure relevance and appeal according to audience and channel
- Deliver ongoing SEO optimisation and maintenance, using a range of tools to identify actionable opportunities (e.g. SEMRush, MOZ, etc.) and ensuring new website pages are optimised appropriately
- Support the marketing, recruitment and admissions teams with development and maintenance of the College's CRM and customer data infrastructure to create more efficient and effective processes and improve reporting capabilities while enhancing the prospective student experience
- Support the Head of Marketing with the ongoing development of the College's website, working with developers on UX, information architecture, template designs, and content uploads and maintenance
- Undertake a wide range of data analysis projects and deliver and present regular and ad hoc reports, insights and strategic recommendations to inform the development of ARM strategy, including monthly website reports, and analysis of consumer and sector-wide data
- Assist with tagging and tracking URL's to ensure that all marketing activity and campaigns are tracked and evaluated
- Assist the admissions, recruitment and marketing teams with ad hoc events, campaigns, clearing, and communications as and when necessary, which may include evenings and weekends.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Exceptional Excel knowledge, including the ability to create and use pivot tables (E)
- Experience running PPC campaigns on either Adwords or Bing (E)
- Social media native (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, SnapChat, Twitter, Clubhouse, etc.) (E)
- Confident with the adobe suite e.g photoshop, premier pro, illustrator (D)
- Knowledge and experience of SEO techniques, Google Analytics, & Google Tag manager (D)
- Knowledge and experience of Facebook/Linkedin ads (D)
- Experience using wordpress or other CMS systems (D)
- Experience of processing and analysing large amounts of data from a range of sources and formats provide summaries and insights (D)
- Knowledge and experience of working with a CRM and form creation software (D)
- Good presentation skills with the ability to data in a visually compelling manner (D)
- Basic understanding of HTML code and how to use it when formatting pages. (D)
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic, and adapt and solve problems (E)
- Good organisational skills, the ability to time manage and prioritise workload (E)
- Ability to communicate and work with a wide range of personalities at all levels across various functions to achieve a desired outcome (E)
Apprenticeship applicants will have:
- A Level BCC worth 104 UCAS pointsor:
- BTEC National Diploma DMM worth 112 UCAS pointsor:
- Access to HE qualifications with 9 Distinctions and 36 Meritsor:
- Equivalent Level 3 qualifications worth 112 UCAS points
Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths and English, or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above).
We welcome equivalent qualifications from around the world. English language qualifications for international students: IELTS score of 6.0 or Cambridge Proficiency or Advanced Grade C.Future prospects
This role will prepare and give an apprentice the necessary skills that are applicable to a wide range of roles within the digital marketing sector.