Silence Media -
At Silence we produce display advertising campaigns for brands and organisations in the arts such as The Royal Shakespeare Company, the English National Ballet and The Tate, who have all suffered in the pandemic.
As the UK begins to open up, we look forward to welcoming back these clients and winning new ones.
As our sales apprentice, you will be trained by our founder, Lee Henshaw, and his contacts working in sales across the media.
Your job will include:
- booking meetings for Lee with clients and prospects
- responding to briefs from clients and prospects and researching local government tenders
- You will also create content for our website and social media accounts
- send out our email newsletter and help organise our Silence Media Book Club podcasts and our Silence Soundsystem club nights for industry charities
An understanding of and enthusiasm for our three pillars -
- behavioural design
- inclusive planning
- neutral media buying - is essential
Into-it - Into-it is a browser extension for Chrome for people who want to begin curating their own advertising experience. We are launching in the US and the UK in the autumn with our first client EMI Records.
Our users will choose the musical genres or artists they're into - from pop to hip-hop or Lorde to Loyle Carner - and the next time they're on The New York Times or The Guardian they'll start getting the banner ads they asked for.
As our sales apprentice, you will continue to be trained by Lee alongside some of the members of our advisory board, which include industry heavyweights Danny Brooke-Taylor from Lucky Generals and Dino Myers-Lamptey from The Barber Shop.
You will be booking meetings for Lee with investors, media owners and clients and working with our communications agency, Zeitgeist, on the public relations strategy for Into-it in the UK and the US.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Sales/retail experience and particularly customer service experience preferable
- Decent command of maths and English in order to write accurate delivery notes, sales quotations and sales letters as required
- We are looking for an enthusiastic, resourceful, proactive individual with exceptional organisational skills who is eager to start their career in Sales
- The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and will have proved themselves to be an excellent communicator who can identify a customer's needs, delivering a high level of customer service
- Enthusiasm, drive and great communication skills are essential
GCSEs (or equivalent) in English and maths at grade 4 (equivalent to a C) or above is desired.Future prospects
The employer is looking for the Apprentice to transition into a full-time member of staff.Things to consider
- Silence Media & Into-it Enterprises Ltd
- Rewarded by a generous bonus structure
- Mixed office-based and working from home structure, but may change