You'll help build and maintain both our long and short-term product backlogs and be responsible for turning ideas and customer requirements into user stories. You will prioritise stories and manage sprint schedules to keep us on track and moving towards our long-term product roadmap. You'll work both independently and collaboratively with the entire company to make sure we're delivering the most value to our existing customers while identifying new opportunities to broaden our customer base. You will be a consumer champion and will be identifying the problems worth solving, explaining your rationale with data.
Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
- Working with our customers and all departments within the company to define and write user stories, compile specs and manage communication to ensure stakeholders are well informed about your projects
- Undertaking data analyses, user testing, quality assurance, A/B testing, and market research to identify product-based opportunities to help grow our customer base and decrease churn
- Analysing, documenting, prioritising and scheduling bugs and enhancements
- Helping to shape our product as we iterate while ensuring product consistency
- Researching and staying up to date on competitors and industry best practice
- You'll identify and track the impact that your team's work has on our customers and the company
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Your eye for detail will be second to none, and your organisational skills will match
- You'll have a solid understanding of the Scrum framework (certification is a bonus) or similar project management practices
- Both your written and verbal communication skills will be excellent
- You will able to balance customer requirements with available resource and the long-term goals of the company
- You will be technologically minded and great at learning new things and solving a diverse array of problems
- Keen to learn
- Open and honest
- Problem solver
- A degree in Business or in a Business related programme e.g. Finance, Economics, Maths etc., or
- Non Business related Degree + at-least 6 months of work experience*, or
- Existing Staff member with 2+ years of work experience*, or
- Level 3 Qualification + at-least 12 months of work experience* & Robust On-boarding plan (learner must work in the organisation for 3 months before sign up)*
- Retail jobs - Sales Advisors, Team leaders, Customer Service
- Customer Service across any sector - large or small organisations.
- HR function jobs
- Office Administration/Assistant/Trainee
- Any role that involves working in a team, processing data, face to face and email communications
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.Find out morehere.
There will be a likely option to gain long-term employment with our growing company after the apprenticeship is completed.Things to consider
Company perks and benefits:
- An opportunity to cut your teeth as a developer in a growing startup with a proven track record in the e-commerce world.
- Autonomy and creative freedom (provided you can back up claims and ideas).
- Great coffee, sourced from one of our own customers each month (When we are back in the office post-COVID).
- Flexible working hours.
- 30 days' vacation per year (including bank holidays) + 1 additional day for every year you remain part of the team (maximum 35 days).
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.