About the apprenticeship
We are looking for an enthusiastic Nursery Nurse apprentice to work in this local setting.
Some of the key duties of your role will involve
● Attend all training relevant to your role and apprenticeship
● Contribute to play activities in an indoor and outdoor environment
● Ensure rooms are attractive and welcoming and comply with Health and Safety requirements.
● Toileting duties
● Look upon the setting as a “whole” where your help can most be utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of the children
● To be flexible within the working practices of the setting. Be prepared to help where needed, including undertaking certain domestic jobs e.g. preparation of snack, cleaning duties, covering in other rooms etc.
As you learn on the job you will be working to ensure you deliver flexible, high quality care that meets the needs of the young children and their families. Including adhering to compliance with all company policies, Health and Safety legislation, Healthy Workplace, Healthy Pre-school, Dental Hygiene, Early Years Foundation Phase (EYFP) framework, and requirements as set within the national minimum standards (CSSIW).
The successful applicant must have a desire to work with children and have a caring, patient and understanding nature. You will need to work as part of a team and be flexible within your approach and working hours. You will need to be good at communicating and willing to liaise with parents and members of the public on a daily basis.
Entry level or level 2 in childcare
Welsh Spoken Skills: No Welsh Written Skills: No
Aspiration Training Ltd
Working towards a level 2 or level 3 in childcare
About the employer
Building Blocks Nursery Royal Glamorgan Hospital
Yes, we are part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.
Phone interview followed by a virtual interview