Your apprenticeship commitment:
Duties and responsibilities:
- Successful achievement and progression through academic milestones and levels as per the curriculum requirements
- Actively pursue all opportunities and use protected learning time to develop competencies to enable successful application to the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) for future registration
- Continuous professional development and maintenance of a professional portfolio
- Recognise and consistently work within the boundaries of their skills, knowledge and competence, escalating and seeking guidance and support from the supervising registered nurse as required
- Engagement with the course and to complete the programme within agreed timeframe
- Commit to undertaking a variety of shift patterns covering 24 hours per day 7 days per week whilst on placement, depending on needs of the service
- Delivers high quality, compassionate, evidence-based care to patients following an initial assessment by the registered practitioner using person-centred approaches to promote health and independence
- Under supervision of the registered practitioner, ensures that all patients have appropriate individualised clinical assessments / risk assessments providing accurate feedback to the team as necessary
- Demonstrates effective approaches to monitoring signs and symptoms of physical, mental, cognitive, behavioural and emotional distress, deterioration or improvement and liaises with the registered practitioner in an appropriate and timely manner to review / reassess care needs as required
- Contributes to the ongoing assessment of the patient, providing supporting information to inform assessments
- Evaluates the effectiveness of care delivered and liaises with the registered practitioner to discuss and agree changes to the plan of care as required
- Actively involves patients in their care, encouraging independence and supporting them to improve and maintain their mental and physical health and wellbeing
- Respects the privacy, dignity, needs, beliefs, choices and preferences of patients and carers
- Obtains the appropriate consent for the identified care to be undertaken, ensuring the patient / client has a good understanding and knowledge of the decision-making process and is provided with accurate and appropriate information
- Maintains clear and accurate patient records using both digital and paper-based records
- Recognises and effectively responds to emergency situations escalating support from the registered practitioner in a timely and appropriate manner
- Works in accordance with local policy and practice, including safeguarding and raising concerns
- Uses a wide range of communication methods, including verbal, non-verbal and written, to interact with a variety of individuals including patients, carers, and members of the multi-professional team in a manner which is safe, effective, compassionate and respectful
- Works as an effective member of the multi-disciplinary team, actively promoting team and interdisciplinary relationships
- Provides support and guidance to other staff as appropriate, e.g. support workers within the clinical area
- Recognises and consistently works within boundaries of the role and their acquired skills and knowledge whilst developing competencies to progress their nurse education and training for example skills in leadership and medicines management
- Manage Internal and External key working relationships - Senior Sisters, Matrons, HEI staff, etc.
This job description is not a definitive or exhaustive list of responsibilities but identifies the key responsibilities and tasks of the post-holder. This may be subject to change according to the varying needs of the service.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
Maths and English Level 2 qualification and some care experience, this may be that you already hold a care certificate ( if not you would need to be willing to complete this on joining), you may hold a Level 3 qualification in Health & Social care or similar, or you may have just volunteered or had caring responsibilities.
What ever the case we would like to hear from you!Personal qualities
- Good time keeper
Maths and English Level 2 plus care experience (see above).Future prospects
Options to specialise, access leadership and development courses.Things to consider
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s).
BPP have a dedicated team who support students with disabilities, learning difficulties, health conditions and wellbeing. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any queries or would like more information.