One position which is based In Manchester or Widnes to be confirmed.
You will undertake a planned rotation within appropriate departments in order to gain the skills and competencies to complete the Standard requirements. In addition, you will attend education, both part time and on block release to achieve the Knowledge, behaviours and competencies as required by the apprenticeship.
Attendance outside of standard work patterns should be expected. You will also undertake internal training not covered by the Standard.
Over a 4-year program, our Apprenticeships combine academic college / university studies with real life work-based experience across our organisation. You will have the opportunity to build and gather evidence of your competence whilst working towards a formal qualification.
Key duties will include:
- Attend training provider courses full time or day release as requested. Leading to completion of a level 6 Apprentice Standard
- Operate at an appropriate level carrying out designated tasks within the team assigned
- Participate in Company Initiatives, in particular to be engaged in Continuous Improvement activity targeted at all aspects of Alstom performance
- Conduct oneself at all times in a manner that reflects positively on Alstom
- To comply with Alstom Procedures and Code of Ethics
- Gain Knowledge and Understanding of:
- Governance andFinancial Control of Projects
- The Business Environment
- Stakeholder andCommunication management
- Organisation Change management
- Estimating, Planning andScheduling
- Project Justification
- Quality Management
- Procurement andContractor management
- Risk management andProject Change control Customer Satisfaction Survey - Platform Appraisal
Salary £19,000 per annum.
25 Days' holiday a year (plus statutory holidays), a Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, and a working week of 37 hours.
To be agreed but at one of the two locations.
Alstom Transport, Manchester Train Care Centre Kirkmanshulme, M12 4HR.
Technology Centre in Widnes WA8 8WQ.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Team spirit approach and good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- The right attitude and adherence towards safety is highly important
- You should be able to act as a member of a multi-disciplined team (with flexibility around team roles), and able to work on your own initiative where require
- Communication abilities to obtain collaboration from the matrix organisation involved in the project
- Anticipation, clear reporting
- ALSTOM way of working for efficient process execution
- Leadership, initiative, and decision minded
To apply, you must have (or be predicted to have):
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs grades C/4 or above(or equivalent), including maths, English, and a science / ICT subject
- 3 A-levels at grade A-C or higher, or a vocational equivalent such as BTEC Extended Diploma
Alstom offer opportunities to extend apprenticeship learning through to Degree and Chartered status if the candidate is suitable and the business need exists.Things to consider
Reality Check: You should also be prepared for a life of travel, as we work on projects all over the UK...and lots and lots of learning. This role is split between Manchester and Widnes.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview over the phone, with further progression leading to an invitation to attend an assessment centre.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates