Wealth Matters has exciting plans for growth and, following recent career progression within the firm, now has the ability to take on new starters looking for a career in Financial Planning. These roles would ideally suit graduates, school leavers or career changers.
Working within an Accredited Financial Planning firm of Wealth Matters size provides a unique opportunity to not only develop a new career and enjoy progression within the firm but to use your individual talents to make a real impact on the success of the business.
As a Financial Services Trainee you will be enrolled on our internaltraining programme. Your responsibilities will develop as you do, ranging from building foundational knowledge with the administration team in year 1 and moving into the more technical paraplanner role in year 2.
You will be supported with the Paraplanning apprenticeship standard which will also contain the CII Certificate in Paraplanning. As you progress beyond the apprenticeship, we will work with you to choose your ongoing specialism as a Senior Paraplanner or Financial Planner.
- Assist the company in providing a comprehensive and complex financial planning service to high net worth clients
- Strengthen client relationships through effective and timely service
- Delivering high quality, compliant, ethical service to clients
- Develop an understanding of all roles within the firm and how they interact
- Develop your career within the Financial Services
The candidate will be placed on adevelopment plan during which time longer term career planning options will be mutually agreed.
Key areas of focus will be:
- Develop as an effective administrator supporting advisers in preparing for client meetings including booking and ensuring compliance requirements are met
- Learn post meeting processes including submission of pensions, investment, protection, and estate planning paperwork
- Develop ongoing knowledge of systems and tools used within the firm to allow for productive use of time and maintenance of client data
- Manage client queries and the day to day contact including progress updates
- Expand on knowledge gained in year 1 to prepare more complex client letters
- Further develop technical knowledge which will allow for the handling of more complex queries
- Working with advisers determine strategies for clients to ensure that they can achieve their lifetime goals
- Conduct research on existing client plans to allow for analysis and recommendations to be made
Education and training:
- Diploma Qualification - The trainee will be supported to study for the Level 4 Certificate in Paraplanning with progression onto the full Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning
- The trainee will be supported in taking more advanced technical exams and reaching Certified status
- The trainee will be trained in performing the administration and introduced to the paraplanner role within the firm
- The trainee will be enrolled on training days with external providers to further develop communication and business skills
Wealth Matters Values:
To be successful in the role the candidate will need to demonstrate the Wealth Matters values in their approach to work:
- Go the Extra Mile
- Get it Done
- Make the Client Love You
- Be a Great Team Member
- Have a Growth Mindset
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good verbal and written presentation skills
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Organised and reliable
- Flexible and able to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a team
- Desire to achieve good outcomes for clients
- Comfortable with IT systems
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Willing to develop technical knowledge through industry qualifications
Minimum of 5 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including English and maths.Future prospects
The business is invested in developing staff and for the right candidate future progression opportunities will be available.