Farmfoods Apprentice Trainee Shop Manager
Are you an experienced team leader or supervisor in retail, hospitality or another customer focussed industry? Are you looking to progress further into a management role? If yes, then this might be the opportunity for you.
We are looking to recruit a trainee shop manager for one of our shops in Edinburgh. We offer a permanent full-time (45 hours per week) position working a variety of shifts, 5 days from 7 each week.
What does the training involve?
• Initial training period working alongside an experienced shop manager and developing your practical skills in retail management.
• A period of running your shop with high support from your Area Manager.
• Approximately 3-6 months into your training, you will take on full responsibility for our Clydebank shop while you will continue to develop your management skills, with the support of your area manager.
• Working towards a iCQ Level 4 Diploma in Retail Knowledge with Babcock Training, our approved training provider.
• Support with upskilling your Maths and English (if required)
• Completion of an independent end point assessment at the end of your training.
This is an 12-month training programme and upon successful completion you will be made a permanent employee.
In return for your hard work and commitment, you will receive:
• A starting salary of GBP23,463 (which will increase to GBP24,992 after 6 months).
• A retail manager level 4 apprenticeship standard qualification.
• Paid time to complete your apprenticeship coursework.
• Great training and support.
• 30 days holiday each year.
• 15% staff discount to use in any of our shops
• Free life assurance.
• Workplace pension.
As one of our Trainee Shop Managers you will:
• Be fully accountable for your shop and responsible for ensuring that customers are looked after and shop routines are completed to maintain a safe, clean and tidy shop.
• Motivate and guide your team to be as successful and efficient as possible
• Lead by example and get stuck in with the day to day tasks involved in running one of our busy shops
• Control key costs including payroll, shrinkage and waste
• Meet standards in relation to customer service, cash handling, health & safety, stock management, merchandising and presentation.
• Take responsibility for recruitment, training and development of your team.