Offering extensive benefits, a friendly, diverse and equal working environment, and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer, Sopher + Co is a place where you can drive your career and ambitions forward.
Sopher + Co is a trusted business adviser of choice for entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals and professional partnerships. Our roots in Elstree led to our early client base in the media, music and entertainment industry. We have an excellent opportunity for a Finance Apprentice to join our team in Borehamwood.
Role responsibilities for theFinance Apprentice:
We are looking for someone who is keen to develop a career within an internal finance function. You will be providing comprehensive support to our internal Finance team. Duties include:
- Managing the debts of creditors
- Ensuring timely payments are made
- Processing incoming funds and resolving account queries
- Handling telephone queries and take payments by card over the phone
- Helping staff with payment queries
- Sending out the monthly debtor statements
- Assisting with chasing fees by email and phone
- Assisting team members in various duties to provide cover in their absence
- Assisting with the firm's Fee Protection Services and raising invoices for clients
- General administrative duties within the finance department: electronic filing and archiving
- Assisting with other ad-hoc tasks
Requirements for the Finance Apprentice:
As this is an entry level role, some experience would be advantageous but not essential. You will be welcoming in nature, approachable and eager to help anyone who approaches the firm.
- A good educational background is essential
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Confident in working to a high standard, excellent customer care skills and a great disposition to learn
- Reliable and organised
- Patient and with the ability to remain calm under stressful situations
- Analytical skills and thorough attention to detail
- The ability to listen and negotiate with customers
- Excellent verbal communication
- Ability to work well in a team
- Proactive and motivated
We offer a competitive package including extensive benefits for you and your family. Sopher + Co take pride in their employees and their achievements whilst praising and recognising hard work. We strongly believe in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.
Our success is within our people where we are committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment.