Apprentice Business Administrator
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can earn while you learn? Do you want to be part of an incredible team working towards a common goal, providing excellent service to our customers?
At Howdens we invest in our people and provide thorough on the job training and excellent career progression opportunities. We have been awarded a place in the top 25 Best Big Companies to Work for in the Sunday Times for recognition of excellence in the workplace.
We are proud of our substantial growth and remain committed to success through the expansion of our local depot network. Despite its scale, Howdens remains a local business with traditional values and we are seeking talented people to help us continue to grow our business.
As a Business Administrator apprentice you will learn to:
- Ensure that all Depot administration is processed and completed accurately, efficiently and in the timescale required to support the team.
- Deal with both telephone and face to face enquiries from customers in a courteous, professional, and knowledgeable way.
- Liaise with the Credit Control department in response to customer account queries and applications.
- Other duties will include invoicing customers, stock reconciliation, filing, mailing promotional material, reconciling petty cash, data entry and reporting.
- Provide potential and existing customers with the highest level of customer service.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to meet task deadlines
- Planning and organising skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise own workload
- A desire for continuous personal and professional development
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 - Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Training provided by in house Learning & Development Team
- Support from external training provider
- 15 Month programme including minimum 12 month learning period plus end point assessment
- GCSE Maths and English desired but not essential, as these will be covered during the apprenticeship
In return for your hard work and commitment you will be rewarded with some great benefits, which include:
- GBP15,000 salary
- 24 days holiday
- Team incentives and outings
- Staff discount on Howdens products
Why work for us?
Howdens Joinery, a trade only business with over 740 depots, has built a reputation that builders can trust through offering best local price and providing product from local stock. Our unbeatable service and product has led to us becoming a market leader, which is why we were awarded the Royal Warrant of Appointment to Her Majesty the Queen 2015 for our quality and excellence.