Boots Warehouse Assistant Apprentice
Are you looking for a new challenge working in a warehouse role for the UK's leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer? Boots have an exciting opportunity to join their established team as an Apprentice Warehouse Operative. If you enjoy working as part of a team, have strong enthusiasm for learning and development and feel confident working in a fast paced environment this could be the perfect role for you.
Boots is the UK's leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer, with over 2,500 stores in the UK, ranging from local community pharmacies to large destination health and beauty stores.
Join a dedicated team of enthusiastic and productive team members based at our Boots Warehousing facility in Burton on Trent. This is an automated round-the-clock operation providing fantastic service to our customers who place orders for our products via Boots.com. It also supports all the Boots stores across the UK ensuring our seasonal and Mothercare products get to the right store at the right time.
The job placement will include a rotation of a number of roles within our warehouse to give you a great experience of working in this busy operation.
This opportunity is a great way to learn new skills or build on the skills you may already have. You will also be required to operate our warehousing and packing equipment, but you will get all the training and support you need.
Our Warehouse team is legendary for their care for customers, colleagues and the community. You'll join a big, diverse and friendly team and quickly become part of many activities, including charity events, listening sessions and even local competitions! You'll find plenty of support on hand when you need it, including regular support from your line manager and mentor.
The importance of the placement
We take our Early Careers development very seriously at Boots. We've got a long history of running successful apprenticeship programmes and we really want to help you achieve your full potential. This exciting opportunity gives you the chance to earn whilst you learn.
What you'll be doing on your apprenticeship
To give you a great experience of working in this busy operation, you will be ensuring that stock is on our warehouse system for customers to order and that all customer orders placed via our online platform are picked and packed on time and to a high standard to meet customer demands. These orders are then delivered to the customer either directly to their homes or to one of our stores where the customer can collect from.
- A great experience of working in this busy operation.
- Receiving stock on our warehouse system for customers to order.
- Processing customer orders placed via our online platform are picked and packed on time and to a high standard to meet customer demands.
- Place the stock into the appropriate containers (totes) or onto pallets.
- Making sure that our stock is picked correctly and well-presented ready for our stores.
- Have opportunities to work in the Inbound, Pick & Pack & Despatch team to understand how products get to customers and stores.
- Learn about the importance of Health & Safety and drive excellent standards throughout our Warehouse.