Contracts Co-ordinator Apprentice
Our client is looking to recruit a contracts Co-ordinator to support the Senior Contracts Manager
- To work as part of the contracts management team to organise materials, equipment, and labour resources for projects (short and long duration work).
- To Liaise with outside contractors and suppliers to ensure that any goods or services are delivered on time and meet the customer requirements.
- To ensure the organisation meets clients' KPI targets.
- To keep on-hire records for site equipment and tools.
- Communicating with Site Managers and Supervisors to ensure sites are working efficiently and receive supplies on time.
- Handling incoming queries via telephone and email.
- Contributing to health and safety management of the company.
- Supporting the contracts management team for completing quotations and tenders and collect monitoring information for site performance.
- To organise and run an out of hours rotas for emergency services when required.
- To assist in the development of reactive and pre-planned maintenance services.
- To assist with stock control, working with the stores operative to ensure the recording of incoming and outgoing items and ordering for stores.
- Deal with and organise call outs for reactive work. Arrange visits to site with labourers, arrange machinery and goods to site for repairs, update maintenance systems and liaise with outside contractors.
- Working together with the contract managers to organise plant and stock to be on site for start of each project, liaise with site supervisor for replenishment of stock.
- Attend fortnightly contracts meetings.
- Complete vetting of new sub-contractors and monitor on-going compliance.
- Record information on performance and assist in the company's quality management system for ISO9001.
- Organise the stock control of the stores with assistant.
- Deal with queries between site managers/supervisors and the office.
- Liaise with workers regarding problems on site.
- Attend sites when required for pre start meetings and progress meetings.
- To be responsible for managing own time and performance.
- To liaise with the contracts co-ordinator assistant to ensure the updating of job records and customer systems.
- To assist in developing, maintaining, and promoting good working practices.
- To undertake any training as required.
- To assist in the development of new policies and procedures.
- Any other tasks as required
- Strive to maintain quality within the company
- Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk
- Assess own performance and take accountability for their own actions, either directly or under supervision
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions for improvements where appropriate
- Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet customer needs
- Effectively manage own time, workload and resources
- Communicate effectively with other team members
- Communicate effectively with staff and directors
- Recognise people's needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly