Apprentice Kitchen Sales Designer
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can earn while you learn? Do you want to be part of an incredible team working towards a common goal, providing excellent service to our customers?
At Howdens we invest in our people and provide thorough on the job training and excellent career progression opportunities. We have been awarded a place in the top 25 Best Big Companies to Work for in the Sunday Times for recognition of excellence in the workplace.
We are proud of our substantial growth and remain committed to success through the expansion of our local depot network. Despite its scale, Howdens remains a local business with traditional values and we are seeking talented people to help us continue to grow our business.
As an Apprentice Kitchen Sales Designer you will learn to turn our builders and their clients dream kitchens into a reality. By visiting their homes you will listen to their ideas, evaluate their needs and offer your expert advice, then plan and design inspirational kitchens that matches their requirements and exceeds expectations.
Our Kitchen Sales Designers come from a variety of backgrounds; however they all share a passion for design and providing great customer service. To be successful in this role you will have excellent communication skills and thrive on building strong relationships with your customers. Using your natural sales skills and creative flair, you will learn to achieve and exceed your sales targets every month.
As an Apprentice Kitchen Sales Designer you will learn to:
- Plan, design and sell inspirational kitchens using the Company's range of products with the highest level of customer service
- Develop long term collaborative business relationships with customers from the building trade and their clients.
- You will be required to visit sites to measure and evaluate the customer's needs.
- Utilise Howdens unique 'My Kitchen' service which offers the ability to create and view high quality images.
- Correctly process estimates, pricing, delivery dates and stock requirements for your customer.
- You will be required to use your own vehicle during business hours, and travel expenses will be reimbursed accordingly.
- Strong communication skills
- A genuine interest in, and flair for, design
- Ability to build string relationships
- Good customer service skills
- Target driven
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- A desire for continuous personal and professional development
- You must hold a valid driving licence. If you are currently learning to drive you may be considered.
- Fitted Furniture Design Technician Advanced Apprenticeship
- Training provided by in house Learning & Development Team
- Support from external training provider
- 18 Month programme plus end point assessment
- GCSE Maths and English required Minimum Grade 3 or D
In return for your hard work and commitment you will be rewarded with some great benefits, which include:
- GBP15,000 salary
- 24 days holiday
- Team incentives and outings
- Staff discount on Howdens products
Why work for us?
Howdens Joinery, a trade only business with over 740 depots, has built a reputation that builders can trust through offering best local price and providing product from local stock. Our unbeatable service and product has led to us becoming a market leader, which is why we were awarded the Royal Warrant of Appointment to Her Majesty the Queen 2015 for our quality and excellence.