English Graduate Teaching Assistant
English Teaching Assistant - North London - English Graduate - English TA
Have you recently graduated and have an interest in starting a career in education?
Would you like to put your subject knowledge to the test and help encourage and inspire a whole class?
- English Teaching Assistant Opportunity
- Long term/Short term - Full Time - Contract
- Positions starting this September
- Good/Outstanding Secondary Schools/Colleges
- GBP70-80 Per day
If you are local to North London or able to reach the Boroughs of Camden, Islington or Barnet, then we have a number of supportive, high achieving and forward-thinking schools that will require your assistance this September.
For this position we are searching for English graduates that have a solid academic record (2:2 or above) and have worked with children or adults on a volunteer or paid basis. We seek personable individuals able to help pupils get the best from their time at school, an adaptable and organised person capable of delivering the curriculum to a range of different abilities.
As a teaching assistant, you will be expected to assist pupils of a range of ability and age from KS3 to 5, in many cases you will be expected to work 1:1 with some students, guiding them through their class work, monitoring their behaviour and making sure they receive the best chance at getting a good education.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will have the drive and determination to support students with a range of abilities
- Have a strong leadership ability
- Enthusiastic and ambitious person with excellent communication skills
- Recent first class honours graduate of any subject.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interact well with pupils and staff
What can Academics Offer?
- Competitive rate of pay
- Support of a dedicated team of experienced consultants
- Variety of positions from Day to day and long term
If you live in the North or North West of London, and you would like to work in some 'outstanding' schools then please get in touch.
Feel free to enquire on , send us a copy of your CV to with a brief description of why you would like to become a teaching assistant and what areas you can work in and myself and the whole team will endeavour to find you a suitable placement in an environment you love.