Student Experience Apprentice
Bournemouth & Poole College has an exciting opportunity for a Student Experience Apprentice to join their team. In returnyou will receive a competitive salary of GBP8,295.47 per annum.
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area. We have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is education and transformation through skills and knowledge. We are proud to demonstrate high student achievement and our apprenticeship training ranks extremely highly - we are in the top 11 % of general FE colleges and top 6.5% overall including other providers for apprenticeship delivery.
About the role:
As a Student Experience Apprentice you will provide a comprehensive administration and front of house service for the Student Experience Team ensuring an outstanding level of service for our students is given.
Responsibilities as our Student Experience Apprentice will include:
- Provide a comprehensive Reception Service for both existing and prospective students and visitors, dealing with enquiries, telephone calls and making appointments for a wide range of services
- Use texting software to inform students about appointments and chase missed appointments
- To provide administration support for the Student Experience Directorate
- To use Microsoft Office to undertake a range of administrative tasks to support the team
- To update and maintain information relating to student support in various formats
- Record, prepare and distribute minutes/agendas
- To collect and distribute mail to the service
- To lead on any administration projects and data collection on behalf of the directorate
- Order and maintain an adequate supply of stationery and materials for service use
- To assist with College events including Open events as required and any other duties
- To participate in The College's appraisal process and to undertake any training that may be appropriate
- To work with the Student Engagement Coordinator and Head of Student Support on further developments
- To take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others
- To pursue the achievement and integration of equal opportunities throughout all The College's activities
As our Student Experience Apprentice, you'llideally have:
- Experience of IT including Microsoft Office programmes.
- Experience Reception and Front of House experience.
- Experience of working in a busy customer service environment.
- Experience working as part of a team
- 4 GCSEs (or equivalent) including Maths and English at grade 2/E or above.
- Outstanding Customer Service skills.
- Excellent administration skills
- High levels of accuracy.
- Excellent timekeeping and organisational skills.
As a member of support staff at Bournemouth & Poole College you can expect to receive a market rate salary and excellent benefits including:
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 after 5 years' service with the College
- Up to 5 days leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
Close date - 01/08/2021
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Student Experience Apprentice rolethen please click 'apply' now! We'd love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.