As an Apprentice IT Engineer, you will join a highly engaged team to deliver exemplary 1st line support to internal customers, whilst ensuring all IT systems remain highly available and secure.
In this apprenticeship you will be given the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge of up-to-date technologies and IT best practices. You will participate in workshops hosted by other members of the Technology department and have the option to attend an ever-growing number of training courses offered by Bluetree Group.
Responsibilities will include:
- Delivering 1st line support to internal customers and maintaining SLAs via a cloud-based service desk
- Monitoring end-to-end performance of impactful, on-prem and cloud-based IT systems
- Troubleshooting incidents and providing succinct, relevant information to 2nd and 3rd line support engineers
- Supporting large scale virtual and physical workstation deployments
- Utilising automation and documented process to complete workstation builds, hardware/software testing and application deployments
- Ensuring users, workstations and mobile devices adhere to company security policies
- Documenting knowledge-based articles to enable users to self-serve
- Advocating good IT practices and principles
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Writingscripts in Python, PowerShell, or other language
- Source code management - Git
- Linux & Windows Server
- Jira Service Desk
- Virtualisation technology - VMWare, Hyper-V, Docker
- Windows 10
- Computer hardware / software / drivers
- A focus on customer satisfaction
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
112 UCAS points from A-Levels or Level 3 BTEC (including IT or Computer Science) or completion of a Level 3 IT apprenticeship (or equivalent).Future prospects
The employer is ready to invest in training to develop the skills of the successful candidates. It is a long-term career opportunity.Things to consider
23:17 - Our fastest order to date took 23 minutes and 17 seconds to go from the online order being placed to the flyer packed and ready for despatch on the pallet. This happened because every department did their job perfectly and worked together as a team from start to finish.
Positive & Professional - We celebrate our achievements and find new solutions to problems with a positive attitude. We have a professional and friendly demeanour, so that our customers will always feel like they can approach us.
Continuously Seeking to Improve - We are always finding new ways to innovate, whether by investing in new machinery or developing more efficient processes.
Think Big - We're ambitious: we are the biggest print supplier in the UK.
Permission to play:
Everyone Contributes and Values Others - Every single person at Bluetree has a role to play, and their role will fit in the chain of production as an essential link. That's why we work in a highly collaborative environment, ensuring every person plays their part in making our company a success.
Straight Label - We pay attention to quality across the company, from the usability of our websites through to the paper and ink stocks and all the way to packing orders. Our straight labels on our delivery boxes show how much care has gone into every product.