The purpose of the role is to generate sales (initially as a lead generator) by securing business gas, electric or water contracts. You will be responsible for building a pipeline of Small business prospects through a range of contact strategies - mostly this will be achieved through outbound calling from an existing database.
- Build a pipeline of business opportunities
- Obtain relevant information from key business owners - such as recent utility bills
- Generate Leads for Business Consultants
- Obtain prices and negotiate contracts with clients (after initial training period)
- Keep accurate records in the Company CRM system
- Handle any inbound telephone queries
- Liaise closely with the Sales Administration team to ensure all contracts are managed in a robust manner
- Build and maintain your knowledge of the energy industry -including supplier products / services
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Problem solving
- Clear communication skills - especially verbal / telephony skills
- Good mathematical skills
- Business acumen
- Quick learner
- Results oriented
- Willing to learn about all elements of the energy industry
- Passion and energy
- Self-confidence and assertiveness
Candidates must have a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C/4 or above to include maths and English or an equivalent qualification. A full level 3 qualification is desirable.Future prospects
This is a great opportunity to become part of a vibrant team within a dynamic industry. All successful candidates will be offered a full-time permanent sales role on completion of the Apprenticeship. In addition, there are a range of senior sales roles (including field-based Business Development roles, Corporate Sales and other specialist sales roles).Things to consider
You will need to be confident and motivated when talking to businesses over the telephone. You must be driven to want to succeed as the role is target oriented. Full support is given by the management team and your dedicated coach at Mercuri International.
You will be included in the company commission scheme. This is an uncapped and very generous scheme.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates