Tax/Trust & Estate Higher Apprentice
- Drafting trust and estate accounts to include cash analysis and investment schedules
- Assisting the client manager with everyday trust and estate administration including responsibility for maintaining trust and estate clients' reporting via the Trust Registration Service
- Drafting trust and estate tax returns
- Preparing inheritance tax computations for trust 10 year and exit charges
- Drafting personal tax returns
- Liaising with clients and HM Revenue & Customs
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent attention to detail
- Current working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel
- Willingness to develop technical knowledge by way of in-house training, external courses and studying for professional qualifications.
- Able to work using own initiative and keep to deadlines
- Achieved the Level 3 Accounting Apprenticeship
- English and math GCSE grades A-C/9-4 or equivalent
- They will provide training for ATT and STEP Certificate. Following successful completion of these, you will have the opportunity to develop your legal, accounting and tax knowledge further by studying for the STEP Diploma in Trusts and Estates and become a full STEP member and Trust & Estate Practitioner (TEP), a worldwide professional qualification within the private client arena.