The Apprentice's role is to help provide general marketing administration support to the Development and Alumni Relations Office Engagement Team (DARO).
The successful candidate will support with events, alumni engagement, volunteering activities along with associated Marketing and Communications work.
Becoming an Apprentice with our client gives you the opportunity to work for a world class University whilst developing skills and knowledge alongside experts from a huge range of fields.
The Apprentice will support the team to increase the University's engagement with alumni to support student experience and employability support recruitment of students to study at Bristol and strengthen the alumni community.
The Apprentice will work closely with a network of partners across the University and DARO recruit and support and steward individuals who take part in the Bristol Volunteers programme.
Main responsibilities will include and incorporate the following:
Customer Services and Support:
- Provide guidance and support to internal and external customers over the phone, by email, via social media, face-to-face or in writing, escalating requests outside their knowledge base to appropriate person/area
- Manage routine enquiries to the Engagement Team mailboxes
- Carry out routine database searches to respond to queries from colleagues and alumni
- Work as part of the Engagement Team at events to provide event support and information to attendees
- Gain and maintain familiarity with DARO's work and adhere to all relevant legislation, guidelines and procedures (e.g. Data Protection) following training
- Prepare and send agreed marketing and events communications including social media updates to selected alumni audiences, working across teams to ensure effective scheduling and delivery
Analysis, Reporting and Documentation:
- To use DARO's software to update individual records and segment data for engagement purposes
- Provide basic administration support for the Engagement Team such as filing, photocopying, scanning
- Collate packs for internal and external distribution following basic instruction, such as information packs for volunteers and event briefings
- Run automated or routine reports to support the team's information requirements, such as preparing for team meetings, to ensure the efficient running of the meeting
Planning and organising:
- Use DARO's project and time management tools (such as Asana and Outlook calendar) following appropriate training to effectively support the team in delivering projects
- Work with DARO's volunteer-led groups to support their activity and ensure it is planned alongside DARO's activity, with supervision, including marketing of their events
- Plan, moderate and maintain key communication channels, such as DARO's digital networks and social media for volunteer groups, to ensure DARO maximises on such channels as engagement tools
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career, be paid for your time and earn valuable, real-world experience while you study towards a professional qualification.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- IT skills and ability to process data in a system
- Able to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office systems to operate Word, Excel
- Good verbal and written communication
- Commitment to learning
- Good with coping with change
- Responding well under pressure
Candidates need to have already have a Level 3 in Digital Marketing from either college or through completion of an Apprenticeship, plus GCSE's or the Functional skills equivalent graded 4/C and above including English and maths.Future prospects
Our client will be looking into the possibility of making the successful candidate a permanent employee upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship and ensuring that they have displayed the right skills and attributes.