This role will be based in our Londonstore, and you will be part of a small team reporting in to the Store Manager.You will be expected to understand the benefits of all aspects of our unique selling points, including:
- Free samples (sent out by mail or take home from store)
- Fast delivery with 98% UK coverage -able to choose a day, 3 days from order and next day delivery available at a premium
- Free returns on a no questions asked basis
- Price match guarantee
- Finance availability with no deposit
- Sales volumes have increased significantly over the past 6 months, making this part of our growth and expansion particularly exciting!
Your responsibilities will include:
Interacting with and advising our customers. You will be expected to learn all of our products and be able to differentiate between products to enable the customer to receive the most appropriate support and advice. Each member of our sales professional team also spend a small proportion of their week making calls to customers, and you will be expected to make sales and after service calls to our customer base.
We will expect you to generate sales from your interactions with customers, and process payments, including processing financial agreements.
As we are extremely proud of our stores, you will also be expected to contribute towards the general housekeeping of the store, ensuring that it is always an inviting and welcoming place to visit.
We will teach you all aspects of our in-house computer systems and Google Sheets, and you will be expected to keep all sales information up to date in line with legislation.
As part of this role we will invest in you by training in all aspects of sales, and you will become a qualified Level 4 Sales Executive Apprenticeship once you successfully complete your qualification.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Experience within a similar role and retail environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Driven not only to achieve targets but to exceed them
- Fantastic attention to detail
- Retail/wholesale experience
- Ability to participate in staff training sessions and performance management
- Hardworking and willing to do any task
- Excellent IT and organisational skills
- The ability to interact openly and engage with our customers is key.We believe in listening and using questioning techniques to help our customers come to their own conclusions, with our expert product information
- Confidence will be key, as you will be expected to approach our customers and build a rapport with them
- The success of our stores is down to our staff.We expect all of our Sales Professionals to work together as a team, so you will need to be an excellent team player!
- Time management skills will be useful, as sometimes you will have more than one job waiting to you will need to use your judgement to priorities key tasks
- Organisation is key, so we will support you to be an organised and knowledgeable sales professional
- Grade C/4or above in GCSE maths and English or equivalent
- Previous sales, customer service or administration qualification would be beneficial but is not essential
Although this is an apprenticeship position, the right candidate will be able to enjoy a long and successful career with Flooring Superstore.Many of our sales professional also progress in to store management, so there are endless opportunities for the successful applicant. Although this is an apprenticeship position, the right candidate will be able to enjoy a long and successful career with Flooring Superstore.Many of our sales professional also progress in to store management, so there are endless opportunities for the successful applicant.Things to consider
Starting salary of £18,000, which will be reviewed upon successful completion of your probation. This will also be increased in line once you have completed your apprenticeship, where this will rise to £22,000.
You will also have access to an attractive commission scheme, which could see your salary rise by a further £5,000 PA dependent upon sales bonuses.