You will also be expected to undertake any appropriate training if required and ensure that you adhere to the policies and procedures of the Academy.
You will also support the maintenance of good administrative practices in the College and act as a role model for students, particularly in appearance, time keeping behaviour, language and conduct.
Other duties will include:
- Providing support and working closely with the PE department and providing support to individuals or groups of students in PE
- Providing support in lessons for other staff and students
- Team teach alongside the PE Co-ordinator in time building up to deliver sessions on your own
- Plan and deliver sessions once competent in this
- Assist with lunch time and after school activity clubs
- Assist with any off-site visits of fixtures or festivals
- Maintain the PE equipment and store cupboards
- Maintain and update display boards and learning resource.
- Prepare materials and equipment for lessons and assist the teacher in tidying up after their use
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good teamwork skills
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Keen to learn
- Able to take their own intiative for certain tasks
- Maths and English GCSE (grade 4 or above)
The successful candidate will go onto to receive job related training, undertake any further courses within the sports development area.