This is a relatively new team and it continues to make a huge impact on business performance, we are now looking to extend this team with an apprenticeship placement.
- Work under minimal supervision to identify, collect and migrate Guinness Property data to/from a range of internal and external systems.
- Assist the management team by performing routine statistical analysis and produce performance dashboards and reports.
- Work under supervision, complete all allocated tasks in accordance with your team's agreed policies, procedures, standards, and timescales.
- Comply with agreed processes and systems to record information and data to enable accurate and timely reporting for business planning and performance management.
- Maintain records and systems and ensure the safe and timely disposal of information when required, following local guidelines and GDPR.
Key Training Responsibilities:
- Adhere to the support and guidance provided by your mentor, manager, or the management team.
- Review and complete apprentice milestones on time, updating records to evidence progress.
- Comply fully with the Apprentice Contract Agreement.
- Complete a level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship.
- Develop the tools and techniques to perform detailed statistical analysis.
Key Training Outcomes:
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel with an ability to manipulate reports and data effectively.
- Data analysis, data visualisation and presentation are used to help understand operational performance.
- Summarise and present the results of data analysis to a range of stakeholders.
- High quality reports are accurate and delivered in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of Guinness systems with an understanding of how to process data correctly and securely in accordance to GDPR.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Experience of working to deadlines and targets.
- Problem solving ability.
- Demonstrate customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
Essential skills to apply:
Personal qualities Desired qualifications
- Able to work effectively within a team.
- Able to work methodically, following agreed procedures and accurately process data and information.
- Good oral and written communications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Demonstrates the Guinness Behaviours.
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above and
- 2x A Levels (1 including Maths, Economics or ICT), or
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT, or
- A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject, or
- A BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits, or
A minimum of 15 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role. Specific roles that are acceptable are:
- Data Administrator
- Business Analyst
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.Find out morehere.Future prospects
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.Things to consider
27 days holiday & bank holidays (Plus option to purchase 5 additional holiday days)
All employees receive 27 days of annual leave per year, plus bank holidays. We'll also give you the opportunity to apply to buy additional days. You'll also receive an additional 2 days leave upon completing 5 years' service.
Simply Health Scheme:
Guinness provide a Health Cash Plan which is run by an organisation called Simply Health. This allows you to claim cash back on your health care costs.
As a Guinness member of staff, you are entitled to cash back on a range of health care costs including dental, optical and a range of other treatments and complementary therapies such as acupuncture and physiotherapy. We also offer eye care vouchers and VDU glasses.
Competitive Pension Scheme:
We'll help you save for your retirement through our workplace pension schemes. We have a defined benefit scheme and a defined contribution scheme. To help you get the most out of your total reward package, we also provide a pension salary sacrifice arrangement that enables you to take advantage of National Insurance Contributions (NICs) savings while maintaining your pension scheme benefits.
Access to Employee assistance programme:
We care about the people who work here and all of our employees benefit from access to our Employee Assistance Programme. This is a fully confidential service, run by an external organisation of highly experienced professionals. The services they offer include face-to-face counselling, a stress helpline and tax, fitness and childcare advice. This programme is in place to help our people deal with any personal problems they might have.
Access to Benefits Portal offering everyday Lifestyle Benefits
We have a lifestyle benefits scheme, pulling together a range of special offers and great deals. You can make some great savings on everyday shopping, from fashion and electronics to travel, leisure and days out.
Payment of Professional subscription
Guinness Employees have access to claim for one subscription per year to a professional body where it is relevant to your job role.
Financial support to study relevant professional qualifications
We believe that developing the skills and capabilities of our people is the only way to improve performance and achieve our objectives. Professional qualifications are an important aspect of career development and we recognise that in most cases it will be a significant investment on behalf of both Guinness and the employee (typically over £2,000 and between 6 to 12 months to complete)
Training & E-learning courses
One of our main objectives here at Guinness is to be a 'Great Place to Work'. To us this means creating an environment where our employees can grow, develop and have the right training in place to do their jobs well.
New employees complete our mandatory training programmes including our National Induction, Amazing Service at Guinness and Equality and Diversity. As part of our commitment to on-going development, we also offer a range of classroom and E-learning courses which support you to grow in your role and assist in further developing your skills and knowledge.
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.