Pickup Business Coordinator Apprentice
- Department: Pickup
- Shift Pattern: 5 out of 7
- Working Pattern: Days (Monday - Friday Only)
Purpose of Position:
To support the Stoke Pickup management and administration teams by providing an administrative service in the area of departmental administration. To ensure that the administrative processes that support the department operation are maintained to a standard of excellence and operated in line with company policy. The Apprentice will also work closely with the management team to offer commercial support such as communication improvements and the review of internal processes and systems.
Key Tasks/Areas of responsibility:
Personnel Management Support
- Administer the department’s holiday rota ensuring all holiday entitlement and leave booked is appropriately recorded, enabling the calculation of accrued holiday pay.
- Administer all new starters ensuring company procedures are followed in relation to the issuing of offer letters, reference and vetting procedures and authorisation and establishment on payroll.
- Administer all leavers ensuring that ﬁles are appropriately stored and maintained and that P&T and Payroll are advised.
- Maintain personnel records, including sickness and holiday. Pass relevant information promptly to Payroll and People & Talent.
- Establish and maintain all training records within individual personnel ﬁles providing reminders to the management team of annual training review for each employee.
General Coordinator/Administration Tasks
- Assist with the monitoring, auditing and ordering of stationery, uniform, ofﬁce stock items and the storing and/or distribution thereof
- Support with the implementation and development of department systems
- Provide ‘outside the box’ thinking when reviewing processes and systems
- Work closely with the management team to implement new strategies, systems, and processes to improve the productivity and functionality of the department
- Ensure that all documentation and information is reviewed and stored in line with the company policy
- Develop effective communication strategies and manage internal communications
- Organise meetings and meeting schedules for the teams within the Stoke Pick- Up department
- Prepare presentations, spreadsheets, and reports
Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be requested by Line Management:
- Eg. Assist with team engagement events and incentive days
Completion of a Level 3 Business Administration qualification.
What we’re looking for;
- Familiar with Google Workspace (GMail/GSheet)
- Independently motivated, with the ability to take on tasks and duties without immediate direction
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- High attention to detail to produce accurate and quality work
- Demonstrate the core DPD DNA values of Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability
Minimum Qualiﬁcations and Experience
4 GCSEs at Grade C or above (or equivalent qualiﬁcations)
- Study leave
- Opportunity to work in a clean, health and safety conscious environment
- Funded Training to develop your skills
- The opportunity to progress your career within the business
Key Measures of Performance:
- Compliance to training and qualiﬁcation schedule.
- Attendance record.
- Training reports.
- Assigned mentor reports.
Apply for Pickup Business Coordinator Apprentice
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly