Depot Compliance Apprentice
- Department: Dudley Port Depot
- Shift Pattern: 5 out of 7
- Working Pattern: Days (Monday - Friday Only)
Purpose of Position:
To ensure that the processes that support the depot are maintained to a standard of excellence and operated in line with company policy. To support the DQM by providing an administrative service in the areas of depot compliance.
Key Tasks/Areas of responsibility Fleet Support:
- Administer the stocks of uniforms and audit uniform standards across the depot.
- Assist in the completion of daily vehicle checks
- Carry out vehicle weight checks on a scheduled and ad-hoc basis
- Conduct ID Badge audits and place orders where applicable
Ops Ofﬁce Support:
- Support the Saturn Management processes
- Answer telephone calls and provide support to drivers, customers and consumers
- Assist Shift Managers with the allocation/booking of collections
- Liaise with visitors & contractors ensuring the relevant H&S and Security paperwork is completed
Goods on Hold Support:
- Assist with depot collections & customer enquiries
- Assist with the completion of parcel & content searches
- Support in the maintenance of DPD Training Academy users
- Assist with the maintenance of depot compliance folders
- Conduct analysis of depot compliance and report back to DQM/OM
- Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be requested by Line Management
What we’re looking for;
- Familiar with Google Workspace (GMail/GSheet)
- Independently motivated, with the ability to take on tasks and duties without immediate direction
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- High attention to detail to produce accurate and quality work
- Demonstrate the core DPD DNA values of Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability
The apprentice will complete the Level 3 Improvement Technician qualiﬁcation.
Minimum Qualiﬁcations and Experience
4 GCSEs at Grade C or above (or equivalent qualiﬁcations)
- Study leave
- Opportunity to work in a clean, health and safety conscious environment
- Funded Training to develop your skills
- The opportunity to progress your career within the business
Key Measures of Performance:
- Compliance to training and qualiﬁcation schedule.
- Attendance record.
- Training reports.
- Assigned mentor reports.
Apply for Depot Compliance Apprentice
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly