We are recruiting for a Tax Trainee to work in our Tax team at our Finchley office.This position would suit school/college leavers and university graduates who are looking to start their career within the accountancy field.
This personal tax junior role will be reporting to the Senior Tax Manager and will involve contributing to the provision of an excellent range of tax services to a diverse set of clients, providing support to supervisors and managers. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate initiative and good judgement when carrying out tasks on the client's behalf.
As the largest and fastest growing region of Haines Watts we are looking for skilled individuals to join to the team, who are enthusiastic about using the latest technology to work efficiently and to deliver excellent client service.
We are a top 15 accountancy firm specialising within the owner managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930's with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
The Tax Trainee role is offering competitive salary, study support of ATT which we will fund for you to study and a full study package including time off to study, attending college and completing online courses and a mentor who will support you throughout to successfully completing your professional qualification.
The Tax Trainee duties will be:
- Preparing personal tax returns
- Preparing papers for outsourcing
- Reviewing returns that have been outsourced
- Dealing with correspondence from clients and HMRC as part of the personal tax return process
- Employer compliance including the preparation of P11Ds
- Ad hoc work and administrative duties as needed by the Senior Tax Manager
- Working to budgets
- Monitor chargeability on a weekly basis
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Good attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage workload
- Good IT skills including use of Excel
- Team Player
- Approachability and availability
- Honesty and Integrity
- 2.1 or above in any degree discipline (attained or expected)
- 112 UCAS points (based on the new UCAS tariff)
- GCSE (or equivalent) in maths and English Language both at grade C (level 5) or above
Things to consider
- Opportunity to progress career to a senior role and study CTA qualification upon completion of the ATT
- The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates