A job with Merlin isn't like a job anywhere else. With attractions around the world, from rollercoasters to wax figures, we don't trade in suits, handshakes or briefcases. We trade in fun. In smiles, shrieks and spine-tingles.In Memories. In magic. But there are no tricks behind our magic. Instead, there are people like you. Passionate, dedicated people who are committed to making sure our worldwide attractions and guests' experiences are the best they can be.
Our technology ranges from mobile apps to touch-screen technology at our ticket desks, hassle free check-in services at our hotels, to mobile food ordering -so guests spend even more of their time having fun.You can expect a challenging and unique environment as you develop your skills and experience over the course of an18-monthperiod, fast-tracking your career in IT.
You will be provided with first class training and the opportunity to complete a Associate Project Manager Level 4 Apprenticeship which includes the APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ).
The role will include the below tasks and responsibilities:
- Support in the delivery of IT solutions to users'requirementsto agreed time, cost and quality expectations, in line with the plan, and subject to change control
- Assistin the planningand scheduling of project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools, identifying project dependencies and critical path
- Supportinthe drafting & submitting of budget proposals for CAPEX approval; supporting in budget monitoring and control once approved
- Aid the delivery, implementation and transition into Operational Support through the appropriate decision-making bodies
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
Strong analysis and problem solving skills, excellent written and oral communication along with some practical experience of the working world. You should also be the kind of agile thinker that can take shifting priorities and demands in their stride.Personal qualities
- Can do attitude
- Ambition to learn and develop
- 5 GCSEs or equivalents at A*-C including maths and English (4-9)
- 3 A*-C or equivalents at A-level (96 UCAS Points)
Full training will be given in this challenging and varied role to ensure that the apprentice has the skills and expertise to become a permanent member of staff upon completion of the apprenticeship programme. Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates